Chapter Thirty One - Celeste

"She killed herself?" i asked as me and Hayley were on the phone with Elijah.

"Yes. Drowned herself in the Mississippi to be precise. Celeste clearly tired of the body and was ready to take Sabine's."

"How do you know that?" Hayley asked

"She leapt to her death from the very location Celeste and I had our very first kiss" oh now I was so ready to kill this bitch.

"Poetic, i guess. In a creepy, vendetta kind of way."

"All these names, these lives, stolen, that Celeste might take her revenge. I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us."

"And then I get to kill her?" I asked

"Bethany, Hayley. I have to go I'll call you back."

"Elijah wait" Hayley said

"What is it?" he wondered. We sat down on some chairs

"Ask Marcel if he knows anything about a name on that list. Brynne Deveraux. Sophie said that it was her family's bloodline that put the curse on the crescent wolves but Celeste said she was the only one who could break it. If Brynne Deveraux was actually Celeste when se cast the spell, then, maybe Celeste can still break it."

"I'll  see what I can do" he replied

"Elijah, I'm really sorry you're going through this. If I had know that Celeste had made you choose who to help."

"You were going to die in that fire Hayley along with my brothers child. There was no choice" he then hung up.

"He's right you know. Nik won't be mad that he saved you and your child, neither will Rebekah."

"I know it's just. Well I've been thinking if you were here, then I'd be dead" i didn't say anything

"i mean it would a no brainer, as a father he would obviously save you and your child."

"But i wasn't here, besides i could easily over power the spell granted i would have collapsed at some point but the point still stands."

-

We sat looking up a witch names Clara Ward Summerlin I found pictures. Elijah came in.

"Hey look we found." he shushed her

"Look, you were right about the Deveraux witch" he told her and Marcel came in

"Find annoying about Clara the mystery witch?" he asked

"Not much she was a nurse at the Fleur-de Lis Sanatorium." i stood up and went round to her side.

"recognise her, top row second from the right" i pointed to Hayley's laptop

"No I don't. Marcel- Marcel?" we looked at him his demeanour change to shifty.

"Do I need to remind you that Niklaus and Rebekah are somewhere suffering horribly? If you know something...talk" he said nothing so i held my hand up and he cringed in pain.

"Ah the Sanatorium okay? that's where you'll find them." i lifted the pain.

"How do you know" Hayley asks

"I just know" he replies

"Bethany" Elijah looks at me

"Okay! If I'm right then you need to know exactly what were walking into." I raise my eyebrows "We did something. Rebekah and I. I think the witches are trying to use it against her. And I don't think you're going to like it"

"What did you do?" I asked, it was then he explained about him and Rebekah summoning Mikael with the help of a witch to New Orleans. They hoped to drive Nik out of town so they could be together.

"For the better part of a century i have wondered how Father found us. What foolish mistake we had made, to destroy out time in the one place that we could finally call home. Do you know, i even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus." he grabbed him by the neck and had him against a wall.

"Elijah!" Hayley breathed and i pulled her back shaking my head. This was something she didn't need to get into.

"Niklaus treated you like a son. And Rebekah--"

"I loved her. I still love her. All we ever wanted was to be together but as long as Klaus was around that was never going to happen. But hey i guess you wouldn't know anything about that huh" Elijah let him go.

"When Niklaus learns the truth there will be no end to his rage. I will not let my sister suffer that wrath." Marcel walked away but stopped

"Then we need to get to them before he learns the truth"

"He's right, we know more than anyone how he reacts to betrayal. We need to go...now" we left and I grabbed my jacket before getting into one of Elijah's cars.

We arrived at the sanatorium and I got out of the car stretching, this car wasn't exactly the most comfortable.

"We have more of a better chance if we split up you take that end of the building i take the other."

"No." I said  "now that were more closer to them I can find them." i told them "once I'm in a trance you will have to make sure i don't bump into anything" i jogged up the steps  and started a spell.

-3P-

Bethany became relaxed as she started walking slowly following the trail to Rebekah and Klaus. Elijah and Marcel moved objects out of the way. She began to slow down that was when they heard the yells and screams. Marcel went ahead  and Elijah stayed behind waiting till Bethany was back. she blinked a few times.

"We're here?" he nodded and took her to where they were. Bethany watched in horror and Nik tried to stab Rebekah. she lifted her hand to stop him he crumbled in pain. Elijah took this time to inadvertently stabs Klaus with the knife papa tunde made.

"Go" he said "both of you run as far and as fast as you can. Run!" they ran past her  and she just stared in shock at what Elijah had done.

"Bethany...Bethany come here" her feet took her toward the brothers.

"Put him to sleep," Nik stared up at the shock ridden Bethany, he knew that she never knew of what was going to happen.

"I'm sorry" she whispered and she place her hands on his head and sank him into a deep sleep.