Chapter 13 - Elijah's Home

I sat feeding Sophia her breakfast when I heard Nik's angry voice touched my vampire hearing.

"We had a deal, you protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain you allowed Hayley to almost be attacked and killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches." He fumed I sighed and continued listening.

"I had nothing to do with it I swear. Hayley, Bethany and I are linked remember? If she dies we all die."

"Then who were they?" Bekah asks

"They're a fraction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told the about some vision she had about your baby. Not Bethany's and Elijah's But yours and Hayley's"

"What kind of vision"

"She has them all the time they are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"Well, how, may I ask was this particular vision interpreted?"

"Pretty much your child would be the death of all witches"

"Ah well, I grow fonder of this child by the second."

"Sophie, look. I promised Elijah this i would protect his wife and children as well as Hayley and the baby. Whilst he tries to win your witch, Davina's loyalty" Sophia finished her breakfast and I washed up

"Why don't you tell me how extreeme this fraction is." i took Sophia and went to the others.

"Elijah's talking to Davina?"

"Yeah, as we speak, I imagine." I sit inbetween brother and sister. Sophie started touching my bump that was growing

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd."

"Do tell"

"I wasn't always and advocate for the witches....my sister was devoted like our parents and upbringing was strict which drove me nuts. The minute I turned 21, I left the quarter to travel and play...But I wanted to be a chief, so I came back to Rousseau's.  Jane -Anne told me that the elders were going to move forward with the harvest."

"What the bloody hell is the harvest?"

"Bekah if you're going to swear around Sophia don't. And you if this isn't going to get pretty tell me now and I'll leave."

"It's not going to get pretty" I nod and stand up.

"You can fill me in later when little ears are not around." I left.

"Here i made you Tea" Hayley held out a cup while I was in the play room.

"Thanks" she smiled and went downstairs.

"How do you feel about going to see Daddy today" she smiled "Yeah okay come on" I washed and changed her. We waited, Hayley mentioned about wanting to go back to the Bayou. Hayley texted me she was going I knew Rebekah was going to follow. Not long after the house was empty. I grinned picking up my daughter and a small duffle bag. I grabbed a few bags of blood  and left. I remembered the church Bekah was telling me about.

I walked in and there was a man there, ah shit.  I spilt some juice on Sophia's  dress and walked in

"We're closed" he said

"I know I'm sorry I really I am but my daughter had just spilled juice all over herself and I need to change her. Is there anywhere I could?" he sighed, compulsion was faster but where was the fun without dramatics.

"There are toilets up the stairs and on your right."

"Thank you so much, I'll be as fast as I can but know this little one she'll be difficult" I walked past him. I looked back and smirked everyone loves a damsel in distress.

"Elijah if your awake, it's just me warn super witch" I made my way up to the attic and the door was open. Elijah was standing there a girls watching from and easel

"You must be the famous Davina, my family has told me a lot about you. I am Bethany, Elijah's wife."

"He told me about you" I nod and I look to Elijah smiling.

"I won't interrupt your chat, thought you might want this. I expect you're hungry and we don't want you eating the locals."

"Dada!" Sophia held her hands out as I threw the bag in

"We'll have a proper reunion later...Davina" I went down to the toilets and changed her before coming out.

"Thank you so much you're a life saver." I quickly walked out. I took out my phone and rung Nik.

"Nik where are you?"

"Following a lead with Marcel, why?"

"I want to compel a doctor so see how your nephew is doing. But I can't do that with Sophia, Bekah is not answering and well please"

"Sorry too busy here" I growl and hung up.

"Useless" I huff as I walk back into the house. I wait all day until Rebekah and Hayley come all back.

"Seriously guys what were you on and expedition or something. You completely ruin my plans for the day." i hold my hands up.

"Sorry but we got caught up." Bekah replied  "And you I don't care if we have to get you a leash that was your last trip to the Bayou. What is it with you and those wolves anyway" she asked pouring drinks

"I feel like we're connected somehow...I don't know maybe it's just some pipe dream that I have about finding any real family out there. But sometimes when it's me against the world it keeps me going" Bekah went to hand her a drink but then realised

"Oh, right" she downed it. "Well if you ask me family is a pain in the behind"

"Excuse me what am I fish guts"

"Blood family...And as for being alone, how dare you? I don't ruin a perfectly fabulous pair of boots traipsing through the Bayou for just anyone." she took another drink and the door open.

"Nik finally" we looked round and Nik came in with Elijah.

"Elijah" Bekah ran and hug him. He looked at me and smiled. Bekah stood out of the way. I sped to Nik and slapped him

"That was for daggering Elijah in the first place and this" I hugged him

"That was for getting him back" I then went and kissed Elijah as he brought be into his embrace. I pulled apart.

"God I missed that" I buried my face in his neck

"Now that your home is your first plan to kill Niklaus?" I laughed as I pulled away

"I love you too little sister." Hayley came up and smiled

"Welcome home"

"It is good to be back but I have learned a few things today if you would, I would like to explain."

"Not before you've washed and changed" I stated taking his hand and leading him away. Afterwards he lead us to the study. Three of us sat down Hayley and Elijah chose to stand.

"Everything that brought us here to New Orleans was a lie. The story that Sophie Deveraux fabricated, this struggle for control of the French Quarter, this was between vampires and witches wasn't over territory at all. This was over Davina.

Eight months ago Sophie Deveraux and her sister Jane Anne lost everything. Now for months after that a pregnant werewolf girl wanders into their restaurant and all hope is renewed 3 days later a pregnant hybrid comes to town with her brother in law and famous Original. Jane-Anne actually sacrificed her life so that her sister could use you to find Davina.

If Sophie Deveraux is successful in capturing Davina, she can return Jane-Anne's daughter back to life. We thought we came here to wage a war for power. This is about family. In order to return her niece back to life Sophie Deveraux will fight to the death. That makes her more dangerous than anyone."

8>UF