Chapter Forty Two - Haunted

-Dream-

I stand with Elijah in the compound, I am holding Daniel and Elijah is holding Sophia. We are all happy. I then see Nik holding his daughter with Hayley beside him. I look down at my new born son and play with his fingers, yet when I look back up its a different story. Nik, Hayley, their baby, Elijah and Sophia are all dead.

"no!" I crouch down and feel something in my back i start to cough up blood. I look round a see Mikael.

"How dare you birth an abomination" he growls and goes for Daniel

-end-

"No!" I bolt up in bed panting looking round.

"Bethany" I jump away and saw it was just Elijah then I burst out crying he held me in his arms and soothed me

"It was so horrible 'lijah." i muttered

"Tell me what happened"

"i was there in the courtyard holding our baby, you were holding Sophia. Hayley and Nik came holding their daughter. I looked down to play with Daniel's fingers but when I looked back up you were all dead. I knelt down and felt the pain in my back, I started to cough up blood and when I looked round Mikael was there. He called our son a abomination " I cried more.

"It's okay everyone is safe."  we leant back down and cuddled .

-

I arrived with Hayley at Father Kieran's wake, I searched around for the others when Cami walked past us.

"Look there they are" i pointed to the two sat at a table we made our way over taking our coats off.

"I will warn you two. Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today" Elijah said

"Sod off" he replied and I hid a smile. Sighing I leant my head on Elijah's shoulder as he slipped and arm around .

"What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to start a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, And frankly I'm tired of stalling."

"It's a day of peace, Hayley, try and enjoy it. And in the meantime in the manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family. You'll move back in with us"

"Awesome. Then we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower. I escape, there's drama, and then you two realise that I'm very capable of looking after myself."

"Hayley it's not just you, jeez they're just trying to help" I groan rubbing my stomach.

"The rings are in progress, I'll live up to my word. We will attack and punish whoever launched the attack in the bayou. And you will return to the compound for your own safety. But right now I'm going to finish this bottle. And the next in the hopes of drowning the daemon that has chosen today to haunt me. Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable Freudian timing." I lifted my head up to stare at him, I then looked at Elijah who shared the same look then went back to Nik.

"Elaborate" Elijah ordered "Have you dreamt of our father?"

"Go ahead. Have a good laugh."

"I can assure you there is no piece of this that i find even remotely amusing, Niklaus, especially considering Bethany and I have been dreaming of him too." he looked at us

"What?"

"If you are also seeing him" we looked to see the red head witch come in "perhaps our elusive unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack"

"Well then, what better way to punctuate a day of peace by killing someone" he gave a little wave to her he then stood up.

"Wait, do me a favour and get a few strands of her hair. I need it for something."

"I thought I asked you to subdue your magic till the baby is born"

"It's not big piece that will kick-start labour just a small hex make sure the witches stay in line. Unlike our child baby Klaley isn't magically protected."

"Klaley?" Hayley asked

"Klaus and Hayley shipped together. Look seen as she doesn't have a name I'm bored of saying the baby. so i made it up, but that's not the point. There is a lot of rumours going round about Klaley and the witches might be up to something. The main instigators are Genevieve and Monique so I've done a little insurance policy. Just get me what I need please" they sighed and nodded

----

Half an hour later Nik came back to the compound and held out his hand in it was a few bits of red hair.

"Thank you" I went into my room where everything was set out. I dropped the bits of red hair in when i heard Genevieve talk about the other side disintegrating. I chanted a few words and the candles lit with big flames. I smiled sighing, Genevieve started to cough a little but I heard it subside.