Chapter Twenty Two - Royal Family of New Orleans

A few nights later i sat on the right hand side of Nik at a dinner party he was hosting. My pack was surrounding the place on my orders. Nik tapped his glass.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift, immortality. After 1,000 years one might expect to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows diminish with time. But as vampires we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine" he wiggled his fingers and the food came, the humans lifted up their sleeve. I could hear their hearts pumping blood around their veins and I'm sure mine came through with hunger.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain." they slit their wrists and their blood flew into the bowls.

"Nik" i cleared my throat he looked down at me

"oh sorry little one, i have one all for you" a woman came forward and held out her wrist with not protest.

"thank you" i bit down and drank.

"where was i ah yes. Our victories and our defeats." there was a pause "to my city, my home again. My the blood never cease to flow"

"and the party never ends" i pulled away and looked at Marcel who after looking across the table caught my gaze. i gave him a blood haze smile.

"to New Orleans" Diego raised his glass and everyone copied. i took a sip of my sparking juice which tasted lovely with blood.

"I understand some of you may have some questions regarding the recent change in leadership. And i invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No. My intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel infact, took  and built into this  a true community of vampires ."

"what about her? the wolf? And the other hybrid" i wiped my mouth

"Had you let me finish Diego there are a few other matters I'd like to address, the first being the girl." he went and stood behind Hayley.

"As many of you know the girl is carrying my child. Consequently i trust you all will pay her the appropriate respect. However i understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumour that i intend to use the blood of our child to create Hybrids. I assure you i do not"

"father of the year" Hayley commented i saw Nik waver a little.

"the second and third is Bethany, she herself is with my brothers child. Unlike the rest of my family, Bethany has faith in my intentions and actions despite at some point i will do something she doesn't like and she will kick my ass. Don't worry I'm used to it and you will be too, but she has come to me with something and to make her comfortable i have complied.

While i know you all now serve under me, Bethany has asked that if she is to have any protection it will be by her own hybrids. Which is why if you see any about town as assure you they have nothing but the pure intentions which is keeping the girls safe."  some of them muttered to another

"Now" he brought back their intention "It appears i will have to earn you trust. very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see how can i sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn." he has got to be kidding.

"what? Klaus, no." Hayley protested and i agreed with her.

"so eat, drink and be merry, and tomorrow i suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead have fun. kill them all." he raised his glass. I stood up.

"sorry please excuse me while i have a private word with my brother in law" i smiled then grabbed the back of Nik's neck. and shoved him down a hall.

"are you out of your freaking mind?"i whispered

"having the werewolves killed, you may hate your siblings right now but Hayley's only living family is out there. And you've just offered them up on a silver platter"

"I need them to trust me besides they were the ones who abandoned her" he shrugged. I sighed and pinched the bride of my nose.

"This will blow up in your face one way or another and when i does just so you learn something. I am going to let it happen." I tell him.

"I'm tired and I'm going home"  After that i left.