Chapter Thirty Nine - The Harvest Girls

I was woken up by and continuous drilling noise. I yelled in frustration and got out of bed going to look over the courtyard.

"What the Hell Elijah! I'm trying to sleep" I yell

"I agree with Beth what is with the constant racket."

"Gentleman please" Elijah says and the men leave

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three ring circus." Nik made his way down with Genevieve following

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now you might be content at living in a squalor. I'm not"

"I don't bloody care chose a different sodding time to make noise." I snap

"I agree with Elijah" Genevieve said i rolled my eyes "It's a new era in the French Quater. This place could use a makeover"

"Careful Elijah when this one agrees with you it's a sure sign she wants something."

"Elijah" I call irritated and they all look up at me.

"Cause anymore blasted racket while I'm trying to sleep and you will be sleeping somewhere other than our bed. Genevieve no one actually gives a shit what you think of our home so button it and Nik if you're going out please bring be someone back to drink. Love ya" I walk back to our room and get back under the covers.

----

"Bethany" I groan opening my eyes.

"What?" I ask

"You've been asleep most of the day. I think you should wake up for a while" I sighed standing up.

"Okay I'm up, How Sophia?" I ask. I sent Sophia to stay with the pack until I give birth. It will be more easier for us because Elijah concentrates on making sure everything goes well an I concentrate on getting Daniel out. Sophia was happy that she got to spend time with the pack.

"She is well. I also have something to ask of you."

"What?"

"The witches wish to hold a feast of celebration for the risen harvest girls. As a show of solidity I have agreed.  The main fractions will bring a gift for the girls, seen as you would be going with me anyway i also hope you would ask some of shadow pack to come along as well." I smirk

"What's it worth Mr Mikaelson" i kiss him once then again and again. But don't worry id didn't go anywhere.

----

The night of the feast I watched the parade beside Elijah. The girls were lowered down and escorted to a stage.

"Now in accordance with the Fete des benedictions, the witches of New Orleans bless you all" the crowd clapped. I rolled my eyes holding onto Elijah's arm. Monique stepped forward and make the ground rattle for earth. The second girl represented air and Davina fire. Everyone loved Davina's show this one I clapped at. When the invited guests were about to enter the party I stood with Elijah. The girls walked in.

"Davina" Elijah greeted 

"Elijah, Bethany" she replied

"It's lovely to see you. And under far better circumstances"

"Is it? My friend Tim is still dead and your brother is still breathing"

"Davina, that's enough. Elijah has been a patron to us this evening you will show him respect" Genevieve looked at me and I raise one eyebrow before she left.

"Thank you for all of this" she said

"This isn't for you. You know as well as I that your people would never accept a truce unless we showed them some respect. So be it...enjoy the party" she left and Hayley came through.

"Strange I thought you'd be in the company of your colourful friends."

"Well you asked for a representative for the werewolves so take me or leave me" 

"Right this way" I smiled taking her arm and we went in. Removing our coats we made our way down the grand staircase. There was a tap of the glass.

"Welcome. As is our time honoured tradition, you are all welcome to deliver you offerings. It is our custom that no one be turned away, no blessing be denied" the girls sat down. I lined up and I felt for Davina as Genevieve made sure she did not get any gifts. I looked at Davina and I mimed sorry before placing it down at Moniques feet. I saw her jump slightly as I blinked walking away smirking. I showed my witchy eyes. They never came out but i wanted to scare her for fun.

"Nik there you are." I looked back over to the witches.

"Here I am"

"You know your little chew toy is exceptionally mean tonight. Poor Davina has no gifts." I saw her walk away from her chair.

"Let's remedy that shall we" he left and i went over to Elijah.  I waited till I heard Nik making a scene.

"Ladies and Gentlemen can i have your attention please. We are gathered here today to pay homage to our beloved witches. But one very special witch has been utterly ignored" I smiled in amusement. That seems a little unfair to me" he brought out a small box and held it in front of her

"No, I don't want your gift" Davina denied

"I understand why you would reject me, given our past. In truth many of us here today have been wronged in the conflict, which my brothers treaty ended. Your friend Josh was involved in a plot to kill me. It would be well within my right to execute him here and now. But, in the spirit of solidarity and for your favour, Davina, I hereby pardon him" he placed his hand on Josh's shoulder

"Josh from this day forward you have nothing to fear of me." he tried the gift again

"Please" this time she took it from him and everyone continued. I saw Davina open Nik's gift and I decided to go over.

"Josh, Davina" I smiled

"Bethany" they seemed weary.

"Don't worry I only came to give a proper gift." I held a rectangular box

"But you've already given a gift to Monique"

"What the curse necklace? Please I knew Genevieve was going to pull some dirty trick. Besides the head harvest girl gets on my wick. This however used to belong to and acquaintance of ours. It only seems fitting you should have it." she took the pock and saw the pendant.

"Thank you" I turned away.

"Bethany" I turned back "What you said about them was right and if you also said was true then i'll make peace with you." I smiled

"If you ever need my help with anything just ask" I wink at her and leave. Drums began playing and we looked toward men in white suits coming down the steps. The stopped once they had everyone's attention.

"Happy Fete des Benedictions. We have a message for all of you from Marcel Gerard" I looked at Elijah and watched as they got out knifes and slit a wrists I felt my fangs come through and my face change. I half limited control over my hunger right now.

"Control yourselves. This is a vulgar trick. We do not violate our agreement" the lights went out and I couldn't hold it I could one and sunk my teeth into. Trying to get away I tripped.

"Bethany?"  The lights came on  and I sat up ashamed of myself.

"Elijah"

"Bethany" I was lifted up I saw Nik lift Hayley up I moaned in slight pain.

"It's okay, It's alright."

"I'm sorry, I can't control it anymore. Oh god" I covered up my moth which had blood all around. Then I saw the message on the wall. 'THERE WILL BE NO PEACE' I looked at  Elijah a few tears sliding down. Elijah lifted me up and took me home.

"I broke the treaty, I'm so dead" i breathed

"No, the fractions know that at this moment in time you are unable to have ultimate control."

"They were innocents Elijah. I kill people who cross me or my family, I'm vindictive and cruel. My I haven't  killed innocents since I turned my emotions of with Nik"  he shushed me and cleaned my moth before helping me change. I laid down and stared at the ceiling. Elijah left for an hour before coming back.