Chapter Thirty Five - Birthdays

A/n - I'm guessing that Hayley and  Bethany are around 8/ 9 months pregnant . i have also lost track of birthdays and everything. But i do know that Sophia's is before Bethany's. so with my own little oc I've now put her at 2 years I'm sorry if it seems like she's growing up fast or a little confusing.

It's almost a month since Rebekah left, Sophia my little girl was now two. I was determined to have a normal well as normal as it could get birthday for her.

"Nik, I swear to god if you're not up I will go all hormonal on your ass" I said walking into Nik's room. there was a giggle and I saw Genevieve i sighed

"I have a birthday girl waiting downstairs and you find time to screw the enemy? Classy Nik real classy. But enough now" I folded my arms over my huge belly.

"Bethany, there is a thing called a door you knock on it." I raise my eyebrow.

"There is also a thing called family, which I am to you. The only one who speaks properly and can actually stand to be in your presence for more than a hour." he sighs

"Sophia is already missing a chunk of her family for many different reasons. All she has left is me, you and Elijah. So while your screwing witch bitch here, your letting a sweet, innocent little girl down who thinks the world of you."  I grab some of his clothes and throw them at him.

"You have two minutes, and next time you want to sleep with the enemy be considerate there is a 2 year old not far away." I leave and go to the dining room. Elijah is sitting there making sure Sophia is having her breakfast.

"Hey birthday girl" I grin kissing her head.

"Mama!" I smile and kiss Elijah before sitting down.

"Where Uncle Nik?" she asked and I smiled softly.

"Right here little cub" he walks in and her smile brightens as he kisses her head.

"Happy birthday"  he sat down next to me and we ate in silences the tension still thick. Once we finished i looked at my daughter.

"Who is ready for presents" she clapped her hands and I took her downstairs where there were lots of presents for her she ran over to one. I laughed seeing who it was from.

"this one is from Uncle Nik. go on open it" using her small hands she ripped open the present and cheered. It was a painting bored with paints. She ran over and hugged him i took a quick picture before opening more presents. Elijah and I got her a play kitchen with groceries , pot, pans and everything else. A tricycle which she loved. Some books for her to start reading. Pull along toys and a puzzle came from My Mum and Rebekah. She was a very happy two year old.

I watched her playing with her new toys while Nik sat next to me.

"I thought you would be screaming at me for driving Rebekah away or sleeping with Genevieve but no you sit calmly watching your daughter on her birthday."

"What is the point on getting mad I'm so much more dangerous when I'm calm. As for Rebekah she wanted to leave. Genevieve is a passing fantasy which I have no doubt you will use for your own gain other than letting of sexual steam. Besides nothing supernatural can harm my little boy, no one ever said anything about natural things like getting stressed." I turn my head and look at him.

"I seem to have more effect on you when I'm not screaming. It's like you can see inside my soul when you've done something wrong. Sticks and stones can't break your bones but my deafening silence can harm you" I stood up and went to play with my daughter

-------

Tomorrow will be a month and today is my birthday. I didn't care much for it seen as i will forever be 16 but Elijah wants me to be happy.

"Go away Elijah, I'm tired and my ankles are very sore I plan to sleep this day away" I groan putting my head in some pillows.

"Mummy!" I heard Sophia yell running into our room. I lifted my head up and sent a glare at my husband

"Dirty move, Elijah." i sat up as she tried to get on the bed, i chuckled and lifted her up so she sat in front of me.

"Happy birthday Mummy" she handed me a card and i smiled

"Thank you baby it's beautiful" i kissed her cheek.

"This is from me," he handed me a small box and i opened it. it was my protection necklace.

"Elijah" i whispered

"I procured it from Monique Deveraux some weeks ago and i thought it fitting to give it back today" i hugged him

"Thank you" I put it on and smiled it felt good to have it back.

"I have also arranged that after the birth at some point for you to return back to Mystic Falls to see your mother. However it's a present from Sophia"

"You spoil me sometimes" I sigh with a smile.

"Bethany, can I have you for a moment" i heard Nik. wondering what was going on i got out of bed and went into his room with Elijah and Sophia following.

"You called."

"Yes, happy birthday" he pulled a cloth from a easel and my jaw dropped. The picture in front of me was magnificent. it was Elijah stood up tall behind a chair in which i sat like i was holding something but whatever it was. It wasn't there, next to me standing was Sophia smiling away like the happy little girl she was.

"Nik it's beautiful" i touched it delicately

"it's not quite finished I'm still to add my nephew in but once it is. You can chose where it will take pride in hanging"

"Thank you" he smiled and kissed my knuckles.