Chapter Forty Eight - Sacrifice

Word was sent out that our children didn't survive long in this world, i stood with Elijah watching a crying Cami leave. Nik joined us.

"Did Marcel play his part?" Elijah asked

"He found two stillborn in a hospital in upstate Louisiana" Nik replied

"And he has agreed to the terms?"

"He has agreed to allow me to compel him to forget what he knows of our children. In exchange he want viles of blood."

"The witches will have to believe this"

"The witches will buy what we sell. We just have to sell it properly"

"I know I can't do much but I can put a cloaking spell on her."

"Thank you sister" he kisses my head

"Well all that remains is to say goodbye." Elijah leave to help Hayley complete her transition.

"It's not fair" I say. "They want her and will chase them down like they're some sort of animals when they are just babies. How will we stand it."

"It's what we need to do" I turn to him

We stand in Hayley's room. She and her daughter over to Nik.

"They will be watching us, all of them. The four of us leaving together will draw too much attention. Drake and I will go alone. Take your morning public while I am gone" he tells us.

"I don't imagine it will be too difficult. Greif after all is grief. But in what world will she be safe without us brother. Who can protect her better than we?"

"There is one person...Rebekah" i walk over to my niece and touch her head. I chant the spell and feel a veil float over her. I then stood over Daniel who was held by Drake and did the same thing. Daniel wasn't going with Rebekah, though I wanted them to be together and not alone it was for their safety. Daniel was going to with someone they would never suspect.

"It's done" I tell them

-----

The three of us walk to the memorial, public parting in our way. Hayley went first laying down her flowers and kissing the memorial for her daughter. She turned to us and walk back over, I knelt down and took a candle lighting it, tears flowing uncontrollably down my face. Standing up i created a daisy chain and slipped it over their memorials then turned back to my husband and friend

-----3P----

Drake drove for nearly two days until he reached his destination. A small town in Colorado. He was tasked with taking the baby Mikaelson to their guardian. When Beth told him who would be taking care of the infant, he was shocked. There was defiantly no way anybody would put two and two together. How she had managed to convince said person to take care of Daniel was beyond him, maybe she compelled or maybe she appealed but either way when he arrived under the cloak of darkness. He was waiting.

Stefan Salvatore

Drake got out of the car and opened the back door taking out the baby. They met in the middle of where they parked their two cars.

"I don't know what Beth said to you to for you to agree but thank you." Stefan who had only just lost Damon had left Mystic Falls when he had gotten a call from the former Forbes asking for his help. Unknown to everyone but the two Founding descendants they had been connected through a unlikely source.

"I made a promise to someone that I would be there for Beth should she ever need me. I never thought it would be so soon. She was very important to them." Drake handed Daniel over to the vampire.

"New Orleans and your parents enemies would see you dead, but if there is one thing you should know about your parents. They will move heaven and earth for their family. Your mother will strike anyone down like lightning who dares to stop her from bringing you back. You will be with your family one day." he told him

"What's his name." Stefan asked looking down at the baby in his arms.

"Daniel. His name is Daniel Kol Mikaelson." Stefan nodded

"He is already cloaked find a place no one will suspect, keep him safe. Change your phone but keep this one. It will only ring when it's safe. You will only ring the number if it's not."

"I know." Drake nodded and returned to his car.

------------

All three children had been split up from their parents Hope with Rebekah, Daniel with Stefan and Sophia, well she was being taken to the last place Bethany wanted her to go.

Mystic Falls.

It was quite genius actually. Children hidden with the so called enemies of the family. They're were enemies but all cared for someone in a way. Rebekah for her family despite her actions Stefan for the old Beth and make of the past. Sophia, with her Uncle Kol's killer and biological father. Pippa made her way up the steps of the Lockwood's where Jeremy Gilbert was now residing. Sophia had fallen asleep during the ride, to her hometown. She knocked and waited holding the toddler. The door opened and a surprised Jeremy stared back at her.

"We need your help."

"Matt!" he called still looking at the first hybrid of his Ex and his daughter. Matt came to the door and was shocked as well to see the two.

"Let her in please." Jeremy turned to look at his friend.

"Come in." Pippa entered and looked at the two.

"We need to talk. But first is there somewhere I can put her down." She dropped the bag of clothes for the toddler.

"Sure, I'll take her." Matt lifted the conked out little one and took her to a room.

"What's going on." Jeremy asked and so Pippa explained most of it giving half truths to Daniel side of things.

"Trust me when I say this but this is the last place Beth wants her to be. But there is a war and Sophia can't be caught up in it."

"Not that I'm not happy to look after her but why doesn't Bethany send her off with you."

"Because this shit is real. You know it by me just turning up here with her. Beth needs everyone she can get. Besides if I went it would be obvious, people would look for me to find her. However if she stays with someone Beth despises yet 1% trusts no one will guess. Quite smart." Pippa stood up and took a usb out.

"On here are some videos of her family one in particular that explains to Sophia why she's here." Pip handed it over.

"Okay."

"Let me make something clear, this is not forever, Sophia is only here because of two reasons. The larger enemies won't suspect and even Beth has to admit you wouldn't hurt Soph. You will get a call one day and she will come home, to her family."

"I'm her family."

"You are a biological chromosome compared to Elijah. She may be two but that is who she sees as Dad. However right now you are all she's got. If you refuse to give her back, then she will be taken and you will suffer as will this whole town. Keep that in mind."

With that she left and all three children were safe