Chapter Thirty - Don't Mess With a Tribrid's Family

I had been in Greece a few days when I got a call from Nik. He told me that bad things were happening with the witches and if I was able to come back and help it would be very much appreciated. Which was why I was now back in a car being driven back to the compound. It wasn't long before we arrived in the dead of night. I heard commotion going on and I sped inside. Elijah was throwing vampires around.

"Elijah!" I called he stopped and turned to face me as I walked forward removing my hood.

"Bethany, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Greece"

"Nik called told me the witches are up to no good. I've been gone a few days and this place falls apart." he came over and hugged me. I looked at Marcel

"What happened."

"Celeste is possessing Sabine" Elijah told me pulling away. "She took the power from the harvesting a summoned back two witches and a warlock. Seen as you were away she made me choose to save either, Hayley, Niklaus or Rebekah after they were all put in danger." I looked up seeing Hayley.

"Okay."

"Two of the other witches now have, Niklaus and Rebekah."

"Klaus threw one of his classic temper tantrums , snapped my neck, tried to take on a coven of witches by himself and got dropped. I don't know where to find him"

"Like I said they also have Rebekah" Marcel's face's turned slightly

"Every one of you will help me find them" Elijah declared "I'm going to kill them all"

-----

The next morning Elijah and I walked into the cemetery. Apparently the first harvest girl to rise was Sophie's nice Monique. My husband and I took both sides. he made himself known.

"My siblings have been taken. where are they?" Elijah asked

"You're interrupting my Aunt Sophie's consecration" Monique's stated

"How did this happen?"

"Aunt Sophie was a casualty of war" I raised the witches and made them fly back.

"How odd you don't seem cut up about it. If someone I had care about just died I would be crying a river." I made my way to stand next to my husband.

"Hello we haven't officially met I'm Bethany Mikaelson" I told her not giving her a smiled

"Monique I suggest you give me what i want or my darling Bethany would only be too have to level this place and everything in it" this I gave a sharp smile at

"That won't be necessary, I have a message for you. From Celeste" she held her hand up and I heard sizzling. Elijah pulled away his tie and something burned through his skin. He then lifted up one of his arms and the same thing happened.

"To find what you're looking for, follow the path she left behind." I pinned her up against a wall and she looked at me glaring.

"there is no point trying to give me a headache, my new gift protects me from your washed out talents. Now this is how you cause trouble" I touched her forehead and she screamed. I let her fall to the ground and I smiled.

"If my family is harmed you will wish you never woke up from the harvest" i turn and take Elijah away. We entered the compound to see Marcel finishing a chat with some officers.

"Anything?" I asked

"They're putting eyes and ears everywhere. Day walkers are working every contact we got. Cops, dockworkers, guys in the Trembe. Word is out. Anyone trying to earn favour with me gets a lifetime of it, if they find them"

"Good I need a pen and paper" we left for the study

"Hey, I'm I taking orders from you now or are we all in this together." Marcel asks

"I'm sure there is a high school musical song in there somewhere" i muttered.

"Pen and paper Marcellus. Now"

"I want her back just as much as you do, you know. Both of them."

"here let me" i smirked, getting the change to take my husband's shirt off i would never pass up no matter the circumstances.

"Hayley?" i called

"Bethany, Elijah you're back. Did you find any-. what is happening" I removed his shirt

"I need you to help me take these names down." I tell her

"okay" she nods examine him.

"Sabine? What is this?" she asks i touch his chest looking over the names as he replies.

"We believe that these are the names of the women Celeste in habited for the past two centuries."

"It's called the Devinette. Its old school, kind of riddle. Witches use it to teach their kids. Solve it and they disappear"

"why what's the point?" i asked

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between Hayley and my siblings and now she means to mock that choice taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game the more they suffer" Marcel handed me and Hayley Pen and Paper

"Please can I kill her, I really want to kill this bitch."

"So, to find Niklaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names"

"The name next to Sabine, Annie La Fleur. She was a witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. I never knew why but I can find out."

"Well get to it then" I shooed him away and we began writing the names down.

"You know when I imagine you with your shirt off we're  alone" I mumbled so only Elijah could hear. I could also tells that he gave a hidden smile.

"I don't know if you know this but one of the apparent perks of pregnancy is an advance sex drive, if it is intense as a human imagine as a vampire."

"I'm done" Hayley broke me out of my little conversation. I looked up.

"So I'm I" We gave the list to him and Marcel. Once Elijah dressed he and Marcel left to speak to Annie La Fleur's family.