TMBMAMB 4: The Change

THE CHANGE

Charlotte's P.O.V

I am currently in the kitchen trying to make a cake that Fiona had demonstrated yesterday.

Eh?

Work you ask?

Uhm well... I got fired.

When?

The day after I confessed that I am pregnant.

Why?

Even I was puzzled when he did so, but he never cleared it to me by explaining. I was just suddenly ordered to no longer go to that office and I had nothing to do but to follow.

Oh but don't worry, I was permitted to do as I please as long as I don't plan on stepping outside the gates.

It has been what?

Err, more than two months, yupp.

So for those two jobless months, all I did was to learn how to bake and ...

Wait, something's burning.

Aah sht!!!

I got the cake out before it started a fire.

"What the hell is going on in here?" a man asked as he came in the room and quickly turned on the exhaust fan.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I apologized as I placed the burnt cake on top of the counter.

He sighed as he looked at me.

"Listen here, just because you are the master's concubine doesn't mean you will be taken lightly with every mess that you're gonna cause," he grumpily said.

I looked him in the eyes, " I said I'm sorry."

He raised an eyebrow, "And what will your sorry do when the kitchen's lit on fire huh?"

This got my blood boiling, "Look here you schmuck, first of all the kitchen isn't burning. Second, I already said sorry. Third, nothing bad happened and lastly, there is no point in getting so worked up with just a thick smoke! Don't go scolding me like you're a perfect person with no flaws cause I swear I'm not gonna hold back the second time around," I said those with gritted teeth.

What is happening to me? Why am I feeling so angry? And why am I talking back?

"What did you just call me?" he asked.

I placed my hand on my hips as I raised my brow.

"How dare you call me schmuck?" he asked, not that angry as he was before. But his gaze is more than dangerous though.

"Oh please, don't try me. Now you're making a big deal out of a small nickname."

I have read books for all my life and I know what he meant when he said that I was a concubine.

He sarcastically laughed, "That's it, I don't care whether or not you're ...!"

I turned my back on him as I decided to dispose the burnt product.

"I don't need your blabbering right now so shut up," were the only words that came up in my head.

He groaned, "Yeah, I'm wasting my spit over a useless woman."

That made me stop on my tracks.

Useless ... huh?

I didn't talk back anymore knowing that it won't stop until one steps down.