TMBMAMB 28 - On Top

ON TOP

           Jayden's P.O.V

I stared at the ring in my hand as I played with it.

This ring...

.
.

Why was it still found?

For what reason exactly?

Is there even a reason?

Or should I rid of it myself?

I was in a deep thought when suddenly...

someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," I said as I placed the ring inside the drawer.

The door opened as Gil informed me of my unexpected visitor.

After Gil got out, the last person on my list to ever come to me, came in.

My idiotic cousin.

"Yo couz! I heard you were in an accident not long ago! How have you been?" he asked.

Jerick Clark, the duke of the neighboring country.

I leaned on my chair as I gave him a smirk, "Better, until you showed up."

He stopped.

Blinked at me.

And laughed.

He laughed so hard like he had never laughed before.

"I never would have thought in my entire life that I'd actually hear YOU say such a lame answer!" he exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow but did not utter a word.

He sat on the chair across mine and sat comfortably like it was his own.

"I told you before that I'll only come see you if I had to invite you to my wedding day or that the matter is a life and death situation, and sadly I have to say that it's the latter," he said.

This arose my attention.

"I don't know if you are aware of the collaboration of six gangs to bring your group down. I just came to warn you considering that I'm such a loving cousin," he grinned.

Six huh?

I have to say that it is a tough situation for my group right now. We clearly are in disadvantage.

"And who's ruling?" I asked the man who I never thought could be of use.

He sighed, "Marlon Angel."

This made my eyebrows knit.

He somehow caught on and explained, "He came to the mansion last week to talk to me on helping with their grand scheme of destroying you..."

Of all the people he had to ask help for...

"I was able to get him drunk and was able to spill his plans but I wasn't able to know who he is going to work with," he said.

I grinned, "I never thought you'd be in any help for me," I told him.

He smirked, "I never thought I'd actually come either."

"You both are still kids when it comes to talking to each other," another voice said from the door

I didn't need to look in order to know who it is.

"Oh! Bro! You came to see me!" Jerick greeted as he stood up and hugged with my brother.

"No, I actually came for the same reason," he said.