TMBMAMB 7: The New Assistant

The New Assistant

Charlotte's P.O.V

It's been days since I haven't talked to the mafia boss in the house and it's been a while since we both saw each other which is perfectly fine with me.

And the two crystals have made up already although I don't know since when. Well they're still at the age where they can't keep grudges for too long. I've been sleeping with them ever since.

And I think Summer is warming up towards me as well. It's so good to have played with them for the shortest time we've had.

But...

They need to go home tomorrow because their break is almost over.

...

It's 11 in the evening and I am now seating on the garden bench. The twins already are in a deep sleep a few hours ago.

"Is it okay for you to stay out this late at night?" a voice asked, just like how it typically goes, even at books.

I turned around to see the big boss's brother standing not far from where I am seated.

"It's okay, it's not like I'm gonna die when the wind hits me," I answered.

"Aren't you cold?" he asked with his deep voice of his.

I mentally smiled as I looked up at the moon.

"The cold doesn't even bother me (a/n: anyway~...)."

It was silent as the cold breeze passed by us minute by minute.

"Thanks for looking out for the twins," he then again started.

I just nodded without voicing out how I'm thankful that I got to play with them.

"I'm not usually talkative but I have this urge to talk to you."

"Well then, I am feeling very honored. It's not quite often that the perfect brother of the Montreal Mafia boss talks to a nobody like me," I said.

"Yeah, it's been a long time since I got to talk to someone new."

Oh?

"I've been wondering... " there is hesitation evident in his voice, which was very odd considering that this family is known to be ruthless and scary and hesitation is not even near written in their dictionary.

"I might know what questions those are you might want to ask. Like, how am I related to Jayden? How did I get in here? Where am I from? Whose child is this? Why am I here? ... Who am I?" I blabbered without even remembering who I was talking to.

"You took the questions right out of my mouth."

"I'm just utterly curious as to why you're so different from your brother. The first time he saw me he's been throwing me deadly glares," I turned the spotlight directly towards him.

He shrugged, not wanting to answer.

"Well both seem to be dodging the questions. And here I thought I could hear a lot of stories from the both of you," a new female voice rang from behind the man standing.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" the man asked, quite surprised.

I didn't turn my head towards her because I'm afraid I'll see her glaring eyes shooting daggers towards me.

"Oh just enjoying my last night here."

"It's already late mom. You should go to bed," the son told his mother.