TMBMAMB 15: In a month

In A Month

Charlotte's P.O.V

"What.. what do you mean?" he asked. "Charlotte, are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

Vince's face is confused and puzzled.

"Just a year," I said.

"Why?" he asked. "What for?"

"What happened to me is just the beginning of another war. I don't think the kids staying in the mansion is going to do any good for them," I answered.

"What?" he asked, still puzzled.

"I don't think the kids are safe in there," I said.

His eyebrows knitted, "Look, I know that what happened might have caused a trauma and would likely plant fear in you. But I swear that it won't happen again," he explained.

But I shook my head, "I know that. Nonetheless, we're never too sure about anything. To be honest, I didn't expect things to turn out this way. It's kind of hard to explain... like... Patrick. I never would have thought that he is involved in such a lie. Holly shooting me... We never know what happens and I'm not confident enough to say that I feel safe for the kids."

Vince looked me in the eyes, "Then we'll tighten up securities. I promise you that it won't happen again."

"I'm scared," I whispered as I looked down.

"Look at me Charlotte, everything is going to be fine."

I shook my head and said nothing more.

I thought he'd understand.

I thought he'd help me.

But I thought wrong.

I laid back down quietly.

"Charlotte?" he asked.

"Forget about it. I'll tell Jayden to not continue with Holly's punishment. Can you leave?" I said.

I heard him sigh, "That's not the point. I want to know... to understand... why?"

Then the door opened.

I closed my eyes.

"Is she okay?" he asked his brother.

"She's fine," the brother rooster answered.

"Jayden..." I started, my back towards them.

"You're awake? How are you feeling? Do you want something?" he asked.

"Yes, I want you to stop," I answered.

He sighed, "Even if you tell me to, you know I won't."

I didn't say anything for a span of a few breaths before saying, "Go out. I don't want to talk to you."

"Look... "

"Even if we talk things through, which would still not change your mind about letting her scrap free, the talk is useless. Get out," I demanded.

"Listen Charlotte, I'd do anything but that," he said.

"And I'm asking nothing more than that," I said.

"I can't understand why you're siding with her despite the fact that she hurt you."

"I'm not siding with her. I'm only asking this of you because no matter how much we turn and shake this world upside down, she's still your sister. And I'm not willing to take the blame of ruining this family just because of your sister's stupid action."