TMBMAMB 26.2- Gabriella II

GABRIELLA 2

Charlotte's P.O.V

"Is it true that this Gabriella girl is the closest to Jayden?" I asked, trying to confirm what I heard.

To be honest, I know it's true but I need someone to tell me it is true.

His eyebrows creased, "What do you mean?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I just heard servants talking about her being the closest servant among them to Jayden."

He smiled, "Then it must be true."

I leaned on the bench as I crossed my hands on my chest.

"Well, she was tasked to bring his food to his office when the boss has locked himself up. She also made him coffee and tended to the things that is needed to be done when related to his office works. She also was tasked to clean the boss' room even though it remained untouched."

He tilted his head sidewards, "Although I never knew why."

"Did you ever have a decent talk with her?" I asked.

"Hm? Hmmm, I think so. If you consider us having a chat, talking about how tough her life was then I guess we had."

"Tough life?" I repeated.

"Yeah. Didn't you know? She was an orphan."

"I kind of knew about that."

"Ah really? Well, aside from being an orphan, she struggled living alone at the age of 18."

Struggled huh?

"How so?"

"She's been through a lot actually. Like how she had to take 3 jobs in order to pay for all the bills that she needed to pay. How she doesn't have anyone to help her, to comfort her... she doesn't have anyone to rely on."

Ah.

"She doesn't even notice her health anymore. She said she was thankfully to have been taken in here because life was much easier."

I snorted.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Her work is cut out for her because she orders others to do her job. Didn't anyone tell you that?"

His eyebrows creased once again.

"How did you know?" he asked.

"The walls have ears."

"But did you see it?" he asked. "You know, it's kind of rude and tactless when you talk ill about others when you haven't seen it yourself."

This made me smirk.

I turned my head towards him.

I shook my head, "You might be right."

Deep inside, I felt pain. Sadness. 

Things changed.

And so are the people.

.
.
.

"But if you think that what she went through is tough, then I guess you were enjoying a fortunate life. You haven't been to a tough situation where you can easily sympathize a situation as simple as hers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that her situation wasn't tough but just like you asked, are you sure that what she's telling is true?"