TMBMAMB 29.2 - Risks and Chances

Risks and Chances

Charlotte's P.O.V.

A tear dropped in my eyes.

I have no choice.

I can't take the risk of going back now.

I know that that heartless person wouldn't spare any of the two.

He's been looking for my body assuming I was dead...

and now that he knows that I'm alive, I don't think he's gonna easily let me off the hook.

But the only thing unclear to me is... how did he know that Alicia and Richard are in the mansion with me?

I can't believe that there's still leakage within the mansion.

But I'm sure that that person will be caught before he/she can even have a chance to escape.

"Ma'am, I just received orders to get back to the mansion no matter what. I'm afraid I need to turn around and..."

Before he could finish, I pointed my gun at him.

"Drive," I ordered.

He looked at the rear mirror and pressed something in his headset...

"Negative sir," he said. "I'm afraid I can't go back now. It's only up to you to catch up with us to stop the car."

When he was done, he took off his headset and drove. He turned on the radio and the song being played was solemn.

Not long after, the car stopped.

I opened my eyes from a light slumber and looked at the tall gates in front.

I dialed the number that he used to call me.

"I was informed that you're already here, please do come in," he said.

"Release them first and let them drive two miles away before I enter these gates," I ordered.

He laughed maliciously, "Sister, you must have been treated very wrongly in the Montreal estate for you to be so stupid."

The gates opened, "Did you really think that I'll abide with your order? I said I wouldn't touch them... I didn't say I'll let them go."

"Hmmm?" I smirked.

I raised down the window of the car and pulled my gun's trigger as I aimlessly shot outside the forest.

"You might want to think twice about that. They're of no use to you so you have to let them go, otherwise I'll kill myself before you can even see me."

The other line was quiet... and then suddenly, he started laughing.

"Did you really think I'd fall for that?" he asked.

"Try me," I answered coldly.

The other line went silent once again.

"Bring them outside," I heard him say on the other line.

After 8 minutes, I saw both terrified old people walking out the doors with a person behind them.

I sighed in relief as I saw how they're not hurt.

I stepped out the car and opened it wide for both to step in.

When they're finally both in the car, I smiled at them.

"You'll be fine."

I looked at the driver who drove for me, "Go back and relay the message that I'm already here. You have to get back there safely, that is an order."