Chapter 15: Mathew

The meeting continued on after Jasmine had left.

Lost a great night of sex, though.
Maybe I could make up for it...

My eyes were drawn to my secretary, who's eyes were drawn to the speaker, and her emerald green eyes never lost focus of the man, as if her earlier wooziness had subsided.

No, no, I couldn't.

Or maybe I could.

~~~
The meeting ended an hour later, and all of the participants stood up, and slowly exited the room.

After most had cleared out I made my way over to Zoe.

She bustled amongst herself, grabbing her belongings, her hair swaying with each move she made.

"Miss Stevens." I said as I approached.

Her focus snapped to me, "Mr. Johnson." She held her clutch against her hip in one hand and brushed a stray hair out if her face.

"I presume you're ready to leave."

"Oh, yes. I am. Dakota's probably dead asleep right now." Her fingers rested on her chin and she looked up, thinking, "I wonder... He probably wouldn't mind staying the night if he's already asleep... So I'll have the apartment to myself." She thought aloud.

"You know," I began, a witty, sexual, comment forming, but then something stopped me.

I couldn't say that to her.

What if she actually didn't want me? I mean, she's been the only woman to ever put me in my place, though not the only one to pour a drink on me. And she has a boyfriend.

She's just told me that her whole apartment is empty, what am I doing? A young, beautiful, sexy lady like her would kill to have me in her bed. And having a boyfriend never stopped me before.

But-
"What, Mr. Johnson? 'You know...' What? What do I know?" She asked, waving her hand infront of my face, breaking my train of thought.

"I'm actually very tired, and I've forgotten what I was going to say... So let's be on our way."

"You just rhymed, Mr. Johnson." She giggled.

Ahh there it was. Still a little tipsy.

"Indeed I did, Miss Stevens." I smiled down to her.

I looked forward and placed a hand on her lower back, leading us outward.

As we walked, my train of thought had gotten rerailed.

Wait, had I actually thought her to be beautiful and sexy?

I looked down at her, her prim nose and long eyelashed, full lips, and also I could see right down her dress, so that helped.

Indeed, I do, no doubt. Many a man would. But, nevertheless, she's a work mate, and I've promised myself. Remember? Mathew, no women of the workplace. There are plenty other women out there, actually willing.

Not that most women weren't willing... It just seems that this particular woman... Isnt.

My eyebrows furrowed.

We neared the limo, and the driver held the door open for us.

"Thank you." She said and plopped in, flashing me and Alejandro with a shot of lacey underwear.

Not that I minded.

Alejandro turned to me and rose his white eyebrows.

"I promise it wasn't me this time." I rose my hand as if the other was on a Bible.