Chapter 24: Zoe

I stood out on the balcony looking down to the gardens before me.

"It's a bit cold out here to be not wearing any pants." Said a deep voice to the right of me.

I jumped and tried to quickly adjust my blanket to cover my bare legs.

I had forgotten that I had yet to put on my pants. I didn't think anybody would see me.

"Wha-what? What are you doing out here?" I stuttered quickly.

He moved out on to the balcony and closed the door behind him. "I saw you out here by yourself, so I thought I'd give you some company. Why aren't you wearing any pants?" He brought up again.

I hadn't gotten the chance to change so I was still in the clothes I had been in the day before.

My cheeks got hot and I felt the burning in the tips of my ears. "I hadn't thought anybody would have come out here. Sorry." I looked back to the ground about 18 feet down.

"I'm not complaining."

He came closer and leaned on to the railing, using his forearms to support himself.

I stepped to it as well, leaning on my elbows. "I thought you were mad at me."

His eyes met mine briefly, a tinge of red tinted his cheeks. "No, I'm not mad. I understand why you wouldn't..." He paused, seemingly not able to say it. Not able to say that he was trying to kiss me and I turned away. "Anyways, don't worry about it. I had fun last night."

"Oh yeah..." I was surprised he had brought that up. "Yeah, I heard that through the walls..."

He burst with laughter.

"No, no. I wasn't talking about that. That was terrific. I was talking about getting to talk to you. I liked that." His smile continued.

"Glad to see you revel in my pain." I smiled back.

He chuckled.

His smile made my heart flutter. His carmel brown eyes glistened in the early morning sun, his brown hair shined.

He's beautiful.

Everything on him was perfectly in match with the rest of him.

His stubble had grown out now into more of a kind of scruff.

I had to restrain myself from touching it.

He wore baggy gray sweatpants and a red t-shirt, the most casual outfit I'd ever seen him in.

"See something you like?" He asked, his eyes showed a playful glint.

"No, you've got a bit of..." I swiped at my own cheek to show the area but didn't say what. Let's see what his mind thought, "on your face."

His smiled dropped and he began wiping his face, trying to smear away his lady friends imaginary excretes. Even though if there actually had been it would've been gone by now.
He looked visibly embarrassed with apple colored cheeks and his eyes downturned.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." I say and lightly push him.

"That was not funny." He said, smiling, but trying to hide it, "I thought you were being serious. I wasn't surprised that I might've actually."

I swallowed, but tried to smile.

So... I'd definitely heard too much. But I guess in a way I'd brought it upon myself.

I couldn't help but feel a little tinge of jealousy rise up in me.

Him pleasing other women.

I shouldn't be jealous. Hell, I just got cheated on. I'm just now single. I shouldn't care what you do.