Chapter 23: Mathew

I had had an entire bottle of brandy. And Zoe had sat through half of it. Just watching me chug it. Not even bothering to pour it into cups anymore.

I couldn't believe myself.

Why? Why would you do that? You tried to kiss her... on the same day she found out she was being cheated on.

I had somehow confessed feelings I didn't know I had. I'd probably had a little too much to drink to begin with.

DAMMIT.

I was in my room now, ripping at my hair, sitting on my bed.

"God, I'm so fucking stupid." I pulled my fingers through the gel.

I scoweled.

Why do I do this to myself?

Literally, the other day I wanted to just bang her, no strings attatched. Just a good fuck. But I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Now I'd professing feelings.

Who knows what all I would've done if she had have kissed me.

I needed a distraction. Not anymore alcohol, anymore of that and I'd throw up my meals for the past week.

She made me feel things.

And I didn't like that.

What time is it?

My clock read 2:30.

I know who'd be up.

I reached across my bed to the nightstand and grabbed my phone, knowing the number I was going to dial.

She picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hello, darling. I'm sorry to bother you. You weren't sleeping were you?"

"No, of course not. You know I'm not used to the time change." I heard her smile through the receiver.

"That's perfect."

~~~

A knocked was sounded.

"Coming!" I called, straightening a stray piece of hair on my forehead. The women loved that.

I hurried down the stairs to see Angelina staring at me with wide eyes.

"What?"

"What is she doing here?" She snapped, whipping me with a dish towel.

"So I've invited a friend over. So what?" I drawled.

"And you're drunk! Mathew Allen Johnson you should be ashamed of yourself. You've already got a woman, and her child, here tonight." She caught my chin in a scolding manner.

"Oh calm down, Angelina. They're already asleep. We'll be extra quiet if that helps you."

Her eyebrows furrowed.

I'd never seen her so mad at me.

"That girl better be gone by morning. You hear me, Mathew? Or so help me..." she didn't finish, leaving the rest to my imagination.

"Yes, ma'am." I pecked her on the cheek and opened the door.

She walked away, shaking her head.

"Why hello, Miss Alecia. Ravishing, as usual."

~~~~~ Zoe

I laid in the bed. Just tossing and turning.

He had tried to kiss me.