Chapter 26: Zoe

"So how'd you like first class, Miss. Stevens?" Mathew asked as we waited for our luggage to come around the ramp.

I shrugged, "It was alright." It was a lie but I wanted to see how he would react.

On the plane he tried to make sure I had a good time, since I had a fear of heights. He took the window seat, he ordered for me a pair of headphones so I could watch tv, he got me two pillows and a face mask for when it was time to sleep, he helped order me the most delicious breakfast, and even took the liberty of consoling me when we hit a bit of turbulence.

" 'alright'?" He let out a short laugh, "Just 'alright'?" He shook his head and rubbed his eyes. "Jesus, woman, you're hard to please."

"I'm kidding." I laugh and push his arm, "It was a lovely flight."

We grabbed our bags and went searching for our ride.

A bald man, in sunglasses and a suit, stood with a cardboard sign that said "Johnson" ushered us to a vehicle when we had found him.

"Your father has planned out almost all of your trip, sir, so I'm afraid sight seeing won't be on the agenda." The man had said as he drove us to the hotel Mathews father had picked out.

Mathew sighed, "That's fine. I've been here many times anyways. What hotel has he picked for us?"

"A Holiday Inn, sir." The driver replied.

"Don't take us there."

"But, sir, your father has already paid upfront for your rooms." The driver nearly swerved and glanced back through the rear view mirror.

"He's got plenty of money, this won't hurt him any. Take us to the Springs, my good man." Mathew said with a flick of his wrist and leaned back in the seat. He turned to me and smiled, "You'll love it."

The driver took a left and we were no longer on the planned route.

~~~~

We pulled up to a luxurious hotel with billowing trees and window covered walls.

A man hurried to us to open the door.

"Hello, sir, may I take your bags?" He adjusted his maroon vest.

Mathew bent down to check his reflection on the tinted windows, he ran his fingers through the gelled locks, "Yes, thank you, my good man." He turned back to us and gave him a polite smile.

Our luggage was placed on a dolly and followed us as we entered the grand entrance of the high class hotel.

I looked in awe at everything and tried to stay close behind Mathew, but I found myself standing in front of an indoor waterfall, simply amazed.

"Come on, Zoe." I heard him call.

I hurried away, trying to catch back up with him trying to adjust the bag on my hip and not trip over my heels.

"It's so beautiful." I remarked.

He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye and a smirk played on his lips, "Wonderful."

We walked up to a large cresent desk, to find a blonde woman with an earpiece in a dress suit, and a tight ponytail. "Can I help you?" She said unethusiastically, smacking on the keys of her keyboard.

"Yes, I'd like the honeymoon suite." He leaned on the marble top of the desk.

My brows drew and I took a step back.

What is he doing?

She lifted her eyes above the rims of her glasses and regarded us distastefully, "You're married?" She said more like a unbelieving statement than a question.

He turn his head to me, looked me up and down, and snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me next to him, making my whole front side press in to him.

My cheeks flared a flaming red.

He nuzzled his face in my neck, seemingly playing the part, "Act along." He whispered.

My pulse thrummed through me as I place my hand on his chest and relaxed against him, "I'm afraid so." I say, and smiled and booped my index finger on his nose.

He playfully growled and tightened his grip on me.

She rolled her eyes and resumed back to the computer, "How many days?"

"The whole week." He said, and suddenly his hand went up and smacked my ass.

I let out a surprised gasp.

She peeked at us again, disgusted.

I leaned forward and placed a hand on the desk, "Um, how many beds are in the suite?"

Mathews face began rubbing on my neck and down my chest, like a cat would when he's trying to get his smell on you.

Or just trying to get you to itch the one spot.

This is so embarrassing.

And sort of invigorating.

And strangely stimulating.

Her face, if possible, looked even more distasteful than before. "How many do you think? It's a honeymoon suite. It's a red, heart shaped bed, with a cushioned headboard."

"Well that's good, it'll protect your precious head tonight." He kissed from my collarbone to my forehead.

My eyes widened.

As did the woman's.

I shook my head and pushed him away, making his arm remove from my hip and his lips were ripped away, making me chilly from the loss of his body heat.

He didn't seem to notice and took out his wallet and handed the woman his card. "I'd also like it to come with all of the specialties."

She took the card and swiped it, "Whatever you say." She handed it back.

He turned to me as he was tucking it back into his billfold and took the room key from the woman, "Well, darling, are you ready?"

I don't think I'll ever be ready.

I put my palm on my face and nodded.

"Great." His arm waited for me as I walked towards him and regained it's place on my hip as we walked to the elevator.

"She's gone now, we don't have to act anymore." I mumbled.

"I know."

~~~

We entered the suite and were met with romantic lighting, a fur rug, high ceilings, champagne colored walls, ebony furniture, aside from the red, heart-shaped bed, and long floor-to-ceiling curtains framing the windows that showed a dark sky and the shining city lights below us.

Rose petals had been thrown haphazardly across the room, being on every inch of the floor. A bucket of ice and a champagne bottle rested on a dresser across from the bed, underneath a large flatscreen tv implanted in the wall.

The bathroom had candles lit around all of its surfaces and more rose petals were on the marble, gray veined floor.

"Oh my..." my jaw hung open.

"I know. It's a beautiful suite. Probably the...  third best one I've been in." He inquired with a finger to his chin as he examined more of the room.

He went over to touch the blanket.

"Well, it's the best one I've ever been in." I remarked and sat on the bed and felt it bounce underneath me and then rise up around my butt.

His carmeley brown eyes met mine, "I'll be sure to make sure you will have more in mind to compare this one to."