4

The moon is full and illuminant, casting down on the trees and the small pathway Louis and Lockwood walk on. The ride couldn't have been more suffocating than it is with the Alphas suggested tone. Louis' surprised at his intentions, he didn't think his Alpha was capable of such . . . Inappropriate thoughts towards a member of his pack besides the one he's mated too.

He's glad that they're no longer driving, but walking. It allows him to keep a certain amount of distance of going near to Lockwood. The path they're on is not to far from where the gathering is being held, and he can't wait to be in the company of other wolves.

In the distance, he can see the fairy lights that light up the area, proving just how much closer they are getting. Louis cringes when he realizes that his Alpha notices as well.

"Louis?" Lockwood calls to him.

"Yes, Alpha?" Louis refuses to look at him, even though he knows it's disrespectful, he hopes Lockwood doesn't comment on it.

"Let's pause for a moment. I want to wish you good luck." Lockwood's words leave no room for argument.

Reluctantly, Louis comes to a slow stop and turns to face him. From nerves, he digs his bare toes into the earth beneath him, letting the cool dirt wiggle between them. Again, Louis doesn't dare to look up at the man, too uncomfortable to do so, yet even though he doesn't, he can feel the Alpha draw closer until he's standing right behind him.

Louis' back grows rigid when he feels his warm palm press against his neck, but does nothing to move away. He can't.

"You are a very beautiful boy, Louis." Lockwood compliments him before leting his hand massage his skin.

"Thank you, Alpha." Louis' voice is soft, and if it isn't for sensitive hearing he's sure the Alpha wouldn't have heared him.

"I also have no doubt that you will find a mate tonight." He continues, letting his hand turn Louis to face him. They stand close, just a breath of air of distance between the two, that makes Louis' stomach unsettle.

Again, Louis says, "Thank you, Alpha."

His breathing becomes uneven when he notices the small distance between them become almost nonexistent before he rushes out with his words.

"Your mate, Alpha." Louis' lips barely brushes against Lockwood's.

"Right." He breathes out, flickering his eyes between the both of Louis' before pulling back and running his hand through his hair. "I'm sure a hug will do."

In a second Louis is engulfed in large arms, making his head smack against Lockwoods chest. Unnerved with only his robe on and nothing underneath, he shakely wraps his arms around the older man's broad waist. They remain like that for an amount of time before his Alpha pulls away with an indefinable smile.

"Shall we go now?" Without waiting for his reply, Alpha Lockwood is already walking away.

With a puzzled frown, Louis follows after him.

It's an easy track from the short distance that they cover to reach the area in which the Omega Gathering is being held. Even though it's mostly dark, Louis can easily see because of the dim fairy lights and the moon's rays. It's also fairly quiet between the two wolves, no further words are spoken, Louis thinks the Alpha is lost with in his own thoughts, and he secretly hopes he's thinking about what he was about to do even though he's mated to a lovely Luna.

When they reach the entrance, Louis can hear the chater of others, but with the large tent in the way he can't see who's there.

Omegas wait outside the tent, making Louis guess that they're waiting to receive their single rose crown. Just as he's about to reach the end of the line, Lockwood's fingers wrap around his wrist and pulls them forward so they passed.