27

Jay breathes steadily as the monitoring of her heart fills the silent room. The bright whites of the hospital room burns into Louis' eyes, it's the only thing he's been looking at the past few days from Jay staying. She's been unconscious the whole time, she has yet to wake up and the worry building inside of Louis will overwhelm him if she doesn't soon. 

He hasn't left her side, stayed beside her night and day. Zayn tried multiple times to get him to go out, take a run to settle his Omegas nerves but he refused. With respect, Zayn finally stopped pestering him. It's more because Louis ordered him too, and Zayn isn't one to disobey his Queen. Louis' only gotten a couple nights of sleep, the exhaustion of staying up made him sleep, not because he wanted too.

Harry hasn't visited, which Louis is more than grateful because he's the last person he wants to see. The need to avoid him is great, and the Alpha makes it so much easier when he has the same thing in mind. The others visit with sad faces, but the only constant one is Niall. Being a witch doctor, he helps out with the pact doctor, Katie. 

Louis gazes at his mum, his eyes watering at the sight of her gauze wrapped head and the cast around her leg. Since she's an omega, she doesn't heal as quickly as other wolves. It's been a week since she's been there and Louis just wants her to wake up so he can introduce her to Harry, even though he really, really doesn't want to. Despite everything else, Harry is still his mate, his Alpha and the two haven't met yet, even though it's all because of said Alpha.

Louis jumps in his seat when a ball of fur hops into his lap.

Missy licks at his face as she puts her paws on his chest to steady herself. She's grown bigger, her tail is longer and fluffier and her eyes are big, bright and round. Louis scratches behind her ear and leans down to rest his forehead on hers.

"Do you think she'll wake soon?" Louis asks her softly. He sighs when Missy barks out and wags her tail. "I hope you're right.."

Their moment is cut short when Louis' stomach tumbles and twists. His mouth starts to water with saliva and he quickly dashes to the bathroom. 

He wretches into the toilet, the acid burning his throat and making his eyes water. The goop in the toilet makes him puke more, the pungent smell fills the room. Missy whines and runs off, the sound of her claws dragging on the tiled floor can be heard as she leaves. 

"Ugh, ew..." Louis mutters as he wipes his mouth. The bitter taste in his mouth makes his nose wrinkle, and just as he thinks he's done, he lurches forward and wretches his insides out. 

"Lou?" Niall asks from the doorway to the bathroom. Missy sits at his feet and she walks forward to to rub against Louis' stomach. 

"I think I ate something bad..." Louis tries to explain. Before he can say anything else he's puking into the toilet again.

"Louis, I don't think it's food." Niall says. He helps Louis up on to his feet. 

Louis furrows his eyebrows as he thinks and then they shoot up in surprise. "Baby?" He whispers.

"Baby." Niall chuckles. Louis shouts out in joy, his hand immediately falling on his stomach. He stares down at it, his eyes watering. Then he crouches down to pick up Missy, he spins around and he laughs when the wolf sticks her lanky tongue out.

"Oh my god I'm pregnant." He stops spinning  and sets the wolf down. "We have to tell Harry!" He exclaims.

"Uhm, actually. I was hopping we could check first. Just to make sure." Niall scratches the back of his head. "It's just, if you happen to not be carrying his pups, I have a strange feeling that he might blame me.."

Now that Louis thinks about it, maybe Niall is right. Harry is impulsive and he does seem like he would blame the doctor even though it isn't in his hands to make Louis pregnant. 

"Yeah, okay." Louis says.

"Yeah?" The blonde witch asks in surprise. He expected Louis to get mad.

"Yeah, but I want someone with me. I have to tell someone. If I'm not... then I need someone there." He explains, the sudden thought of not having a pup growing inside of him makes his heart fall.

"Okay! That's fine. Who?"

____

Louis sucks in a deep breath as the cold gel touches his lower stomach. Zayn tightens his hold on Louis' hand in comfort. The vampires smiles in excitement at being trusted to be hear with his Luna.  He wasn't sure about not telling Harry just yet, he was against it because he can't go against his Alpha, but when Louis explained why they can't tell him yet, Zayn understood and agreed.

Now Louis lays in a hospital bed with Niall rubbing gel on his stomach and looking at the monitor to check if there is a fetus growing inside him

Check if he has a pup.

"What if I'm not pregnant? Harry is expecting me too. We'd have to mate again until I do." Louis says mostly to himself.

"You say it like it's a bad thing. Do you not like the sex?" Zayn smirks down at the Omega. "I would think the Alpha was a good lover. The perfect amount of rough and soft. Or mostly rough. Can't ever go wrong with hot, rough alpha sex." 

Louis' cheeks flush red down to his neck.

"Wh-what - I - Oh my god." Louis stumbles over his words.

"I was right, no?" Zayn laughs out loud and rubs Louis' shoulder in comfort. "I am just teasing, my Queen."

Despite that, Zayn isn't wrong. Louis doesn't mind the sex, he loves it in fact. Loves having Harry's knot inside him and pumping his seed into him. What he doesn't like is the Alpha's attitude towards him. They are supposed to be mates, lovers. Mates do not act like the way Harry is. They're supposed to take care of you, love you, make sure you eat and sleep and not throw their mothers in cells after being attacked by rogues simply because he wants too.

"Louis." Niall calls softly. 

The Omega hums and turns to the doctor with distracted eyes. The witch smiles a bright smile.

"You're pregnant."

PAY ATTENTION

I might change the last few chapters, and it will be vital to the second book.