8

By the time Harry returned to the cabin Louis was half asleep with droopy eyes, while Liam had already passed out on his recliner. Yet the moment he noticed his presence, all tiredness fled replaced by excitement. He could properly have a conversation with him now, despite how late it was.

When Harry steps through the cabins front door, causing a haunted creak to echo, he has a rather large rodent in his hands, but what causes Louis' heart beat to increase is the fact that his chest lay bared from clothing. At first, Louis was going to look away and not stare so openly, but then he thinks he is his mate now, he'll stare all he pleases.

He watches Harry with wide eyes, taking in every inch of what he can. He isn't bothered to be subtle about it. His physique isn't like other Alpha's, Harry isn't packed with bulking muscles and hard exterior, he's completely the opposite. He's lean and slender, with a toned chest and arms. He also has tattoos splattered over his abdomen, a moth spread across his stomach, two swallows - one on both pectorals - and two leafs gracing his hip bones. They are beautiful works of art, all designed to the very last detail, it makes him desire one of his own.

It's undeniable that the Alpha is a beautiful creature.

"I brought dinner." Louis distractedly drags his gaze up to look at Harry's face, realizing how ridiculous he must look with a dreamy cloud in his eyes. He quickly looks down with flushed cheeks, fiddling with his fingers.

"Thank you." He replies. He follows Harry into the kitchen, holding in the grimace that wants to show on his face. As expected, it isn't sanitary, but Harry doesn't seem to mind.

"Should I wake Liam?" He asks as he watches Harry skin the animal.

"No," Harry says, "I got it for you, not him."

Louis feels bad about not sharing with Liam, but he pushes the feeling away, thinking if he is truly hungry, Liam would have gone hunting just as Harry had.

The kitchen is small, having a middle bar counter. The stove looks broken and the oven - Louis doesn't even know if there is one. He sits on the bar stool, watching intently as his mate cooks him his dinner. It seems perfect to him, his Alpha is shirtless - displaying his skin to a greedy Louis - and he's cooking just for him. It's a wonderful start to his new life that's to come.

Harry's presence is overpowering, thickening the air that surround them, and it takes nearly every fiber in Louis' self control not to let his omega instincts take over and leave himself open for his taking. It will be bittersweet waiting for the ceremony.

"How old are you?" Louis asks, not bothering to take his eyes off of Harry.

"I turn 27 in two weeks time." Harry says.

Ten years older, Louis thinks. If it were any other Alpha, maybe the age difference would have mattered to him, but Harry just seems to block off any rational thinking, he blames his wolf for the need to have an indisputable knot.

"I'm 17." Louis answers back to his own question, the statement has Harry glancing at him.

"Your heat came early." Harry makes it a statement rather than a question.

Louis nods his head, "My mum freaked out, not that I didn't, I was. It was weird being the only omega under eighteen. I had all these doubts that Alphas wouldn't want me because they would think I wasn't ready or something like that. Which I guess, was part right because you were the only one that approached me, not that I'm complaining because trust me, I definitely am not. Can you imagine my surprise when you asked about my flower crown? It was so strange, I could have swore it was white, but that doesn't matter anymore because I'm here, with you." Louis is oblivious to the way Harry's stance changes, his shoulders grow tense and he grips the kitchen utensil harder so he continues his rant, "Oh! I can't wait till you meet my mother tomorrow, she told me I would have gotten the best Alpha out there, and look! She was right!"