7

The silence is a comfort to Harry's ears. He enjoys the quiet, he embraces in it for as much as he can because it lets his beast calm from whatever shake he awoke from. It lets him drown in his thoughts that most would prefer to avoid by drinking out the sorrows.

The drive is silent for the most part, Louis having fallen to slumber not long ago and Liam lost in his own head as Harry is in his.

The night is still young, the moon still up high and shining down its light gaze on the open truck. The drive isn't long, as Harry suspects. The Blood River's territory isn't as large and has less ground to cover than he's used too. The cabin that is offered to him when he first arrived, slowly comes into his line of vision before he pulls the truck to a complete stop.

He makes no move to get out, but he sits there and takes in the eery scene before him. Trees surrounds the worn down wooden house, there's no viewing porch to look out at the shrouded display of nature before it. It's something pulled out of a horror film, of course Harry is the one that got it specifically.

Harry glances up at his rearview mirror, catching sight of his Omega sound asleep with his robe pulled tightly around him. He notices just how little it looks on him, the bottom hem coming just to an end a few inches above his knees in a way of slight exposure. Harry takes a small whiff of the air he sits in - it's sweet like a strawberry shortcake - and just as he's about to ravish in it and save it in his mind for forever keeping the faint pungent smell of a stuffy Alpha kept him from doing so.

Subconsciously, his fists tightens around the wheel at the thought of Alpha Lockwood, he's a man Harry deeply despises.

Trying his best to not let his wolf emerge at that very moment, Harry quickly glances back at Louis. His body laid horizontally along the back seats, the seat belt clinging uncomfortably to his waist. Both of his hands are tucked under his cheeks in placement of a pillow with his hair swooped over.

He is something beautiful, a delicate flower only for his wolf to stomp on as he ran.

Again, the lingering scent of a wolf that wasn't his made its way to his flaring nose.

Harry pushes open the door with more force than was needed, almost sending it off its hinges.

He hates that smell. It's absolutely foul in every way.

"Make sure he showers before I return."

When Liam shows that he heard him with a nod of his head, he storms his way into the thick layers of trees that surround him, stripping his clothes.

It's nerving how Lockwood still lingers on the skin of Louis, it's a constant reminder of the tainted flower that rests on his head. The moment they left the mating grounds he crushed the faulted rose between his fingers.

It was a lie that displayed useless worth to those above.

As his human body transforms to the one of his wolf, he thinks back to Louis' sleeping body. The truck had little light to do justice on his glowing skin, and yet he still manages to capture the little attention he gave.

The moment Harry's paws makes touch on the ground of the forest, he breaks off in a swift run. His taught muscles stretches and pulls, making his fur ripple from above. His senses are high in awareness, not trusting the ground of another Alpha. Although the air smells clean from any wanderers, he doesn't relax.

The black beast slows down to a basic pace, letting his paws have a better feel of the earth beneath him. The dirt clings to his hair, the soft and damp grains prove of the spring atmosphere. Mating season is still for a couple more weeks ahead.