Chapter Two

It was almost one o'clock as I quietly let myself into the common room. I was so anxious about meeting Ryan because I didn't know what it was about.

After I went home I didn't even change out of my uniform. I just sat there watching TV thinking about what Ryan could possibly want with me.

"You're a keener, you're five minutes early," Ryan said scaring the shit out of me.

"Jesus!" I exclaimed. "You scared me, and yeah I just wanna go to bed, because you know it's like almost one in the morning."

"I see," was all he said.

I sat down on one of the couches. I sat there for a couple of minutes while I waited for Ryan to say something.

And he didn't, so I did. "Why did you want to meet Ryan?"

"I wanted to ask you something," he started. "Do you think it's possible that I could get more field play? I'm really trying to prove myself to you guys and I was just wondering if maybe that was possible? I know you don't really make that decision but I was wondering if you could maybe bring it up with Gibby?"

"I'll see what I can do," I told him. "But you know you bat better against right handed pitchers."

"Yeah I know, I just want to try against right handers too. And now Devon is back so I get even less play time," he mumbled.

"Hey, listen. You're an amazing ball player. If you weren't you wouldn't be on this team. Just work hard everyday, you just never know where it will get you. Don't be hard on yourself Ryan," I told him standing up. "And why one in the morning?"

"I just wanted to wait until everyone was asleep and we wouldn't get walked in on," he said just as the door swung open and the lights were turned on.

The look that crossed Josh's face when he saw Ryan and I in the common room by ourselves, it was just priceless.

"So, what's going on in here?" He asked smirking.

"Nothing of your business," I said and left the room.

Josh could be such an asshole sometimes. He makes me so mad sometimes. And sometimes happens a lot.

I went to my apartment and took a shower. My shower time was my thinking time.

I even had a dry erase board on the wall my tap was on so if I had an amazing idea I could write it down.

I kept thinking about what Ryan told me. He had a lot of courage coming up to me and telling me he wanted more field time. If that was me I wouldn't have been able to do that.

I turned off the tap and put my favourite pajamas on and combed through my hair and put it up into a bun.

I turned on my TV to sports net and let myself drift off to sleep.

|||||||||

I woke up to my six thirty alarm, but for the first time ever I hit snooze. My alarm went off ten minutes later and I decided to drag myself out of bed.

I jumped in the shower again and blow dried and straightened my hair, and put on a clean uniform. Most managers wear the long pants, but I just prefer wearing knee pants and long socks

I grabbed a clean jersey and my long sleeve dry fit shirt and threw it on and grabbed my ball cap and an apple and ran out the door. I was going to be late for practice. I was definitely not setting a good example.

As I was running down the stairs I almost ran head on with none other than Ryan.

"Sorry," I said as I continued to plow down the stairs.