Chapter Three

They won the game, which meant that as soon as we were in the clubhouse the team was going to reveal their choice to me, which I already knew was Josh. And they were so wrong it's not even funny.

"So Lucy, we were challenged to come together and decide who you like, and if we get it right beer and cigars on you, and if we get it wrong you get to decide what to do to us," Josh said strutting around m as the team sat and watched.

"So what did you come up with?" I asked.

"Well we have decided, a last minute change too, that you like me," he said puffing his chest out.

"You are so wrong it isn't even funny," I said laughing my ass off.

The look on his face was priceless. "I'm wrong? I can't be wrong, all the signs are there! You have got to be kidding me!" He exclaimed.

"You are definitely wrong, so I will decide upon what you guys will have to do to me, and if you don't remember from earlier, we had a bet and you owe me a supper," I said tilting his chin up so he would look at me.

"Then who do you like Lucy? Come on if I'm so wrong, then prove that we're all wrong," he said trying to trick me into telling him who I like.

"The person I like knows I like them, and they don't like me back so I'll deal with it," I told him feeling tears coming on. I quickly blinked them back.

"I'd hate to interrupt your little moment here, but I've got something to say," Ryan interjected.

"What!" We both said at the same time.

"Well first things first, everyone it's me, she likes me, I got it out of her today-" and I never heard anything else he said because I was so mad I left the clubhouse and started crying.

I walked the two blocks from the Rogers Center to my apartment.

I unlocked the door and flopped down on the couch. How could I be so stupid to tell him? I should have known athletes were trouble.

There was a knock on my door an hour later and I just let them knock away. Not caring if it was a prince on a white horse offering me everything I ever wanted in life.

I crept to the door and looked out the peephole. But I couldn't see because whoever it was had their hand over the peephole.

I slowly turned the nob and opened the door to reveal Ryan Goins himself.

I closed the door right in his face. I honestly didn't care. But he had other plans, and he started knocking again.

I just went into my room and started blasting my boom box. Mike Stud blared through my apartment and I felt bad for Josh Donaldson and Josh Thole, who were my apartment neighbors.

Then all three men busted into my apartment while I was belting the words to Happy Ending.

"Turn that off!" JD yelled.

"HE GOT TO HER PLACE BUTTERFLIES IN HIS STOMACH NECKLACE IN HIS HANDS HE KNEW THAT SHE WOULD LOVE IT!" I belted.

Josh T turned it it off and JD said, "Could you have picked a more depressing song?"

"Yes," I whispered.

"Why were you blaring Mike Stud?" Thole asked.

"Because I wanted Ryan to leave," I said avoiding looking at him.

"I highly doubt you want that to happen," JD teased.

"Fuck off and get out all three of you," I ordered.

All three men filed out of my room and out the front door.

After a few minutes I walked out of my bedroom in my sport shorts and bra, ready for a workout when I saw Ryan sitting on my fucking couch.