Epilogue

Six Months Later

I stood in front of the mirror that my mom put in the clubhouse. I admired my wedding dress. Today was finally the day.

We decided that we would get married at the Rogers Center to accommodate our large guest list.

My maid of honor was my best friend from Montreal, Sara. I haven't seen her in forever, but she obviously said yes when I asked her.

I decided not to have any bridesmaids, but Ryan had four guys to be his best men.

He asked David, which made me super happy, and Josh, Michael and Russell completed his group.

Hailey, now six months old, was dressed in an elegant white dress that kind of resembled mine.

She was going to be pulled down the aisle in a wagon by Taz the ring bearer.

I took one last look at myself and moved a stray hair from my face. It was time for me to walk down the aisle.

I was joined by my father who already had tears pooling in his eyes.

I smiled and remembered the first time I ever seen my dad cry. I was eleven and our dog had just been hit by a car. We had a funeral for him and everything. The rock with 'Gus' painted on it still stood in our backyard today.

We walked slowly. I wanted to cherish the moment.

Memories began to flood my mind as we walked down the tunnel to the dugout.

The big fiasco and dramatic scene I made when I told the whole team that I liked Ryan.

I also never forgot that I still get to do something to them because of the bet that we made.

I remembered my birthday night and feeling so amazing dancing in Ryan's arms. Even if we were faced with consequences the next morning.

I remember him and David hitting it off so well when they first met when I was in the hospital.

I remembered him helping me get dressed every single day for a while because I couldn't do it with my shoulder. He has such a huge heart.

I remembered the day he proposed and how spontaneous it was. I don't think anyone was expecting it. Even himself.

I remembered the day I found out that I was pregnant and how supportive he was and how hard it was for him to keep it a secret.

And when Hailey was born, oh gosh I don't think I could ever forget his face. It was honestly the happiest I've ever seen him.

Now as I neared the beginning of the makeshift aisle we set up to lead me to the pitchers mound, I see Ryan's face. That happiness I seen when Hailey was born mirrored onto his face now.

I felt the tears spring the back of my eyes. This day has been nothing but perfect so far.

I remembered the day we picked the date for our wedding.

January 31st seemed perfect to the both of us. It was the off season and that meant everyone could come.

I took my last steps towards the mound that was converted into an alter where Ryan stood with his best men, and where Sara stood with Taz and Hailey. And of course John, who we asked to officiate the wedding.

John asked my father permission to give me away and I felt like a teenager all over again asking to go out on a date.

My dad said yes before full out crying and I gave him a hug, starting to cry a little myself.

I gave Sara my bouquet as I stood in front of Ryan. He took my hands in his.

"Alright are we ready to start kids?" John joked. This is why we asked John, he's serious and funny at the same time.

We both eagerly nodded.

"Alright, you guys have both prepared vows to share with each other, Ryan you go first," John announced, handing Ryan his piece of paper that he'd written his vows on.

"I can't even begin to describe the love I have for you in words. But I'll try, you are the mother of my beautiful daughter, and you are my life partner and best friend. I couldn't imagine going through life with someone else. I fell in love with the way you laugh and the way you cry. I fell in love with the way you look at me and the way the words 'I love you' sound coming out of your mouth. I promise to love you every day until the day I die with my whole heart, through thick and thin. I promise you that I will do anything for you and our family no matter what it may be. I promise to always be your rock and support anything you do with all of my heart. I promise that even if baseball separates us, we will always be together. You're my person, you'll always be my person and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you Lucy, I'm so glad I have someone to share this life with."

God I was crying so hard right now.

"Now Lucy will read the vows she has prepared," John said handing me my piece of paper.

"When I was a little girl, I thought love was about red roses and expensive dinners. Truth is, love is giving you half of my fries even though you said you weren't hungry. It's waking up to you snoring at four in the morning and refraining from shoving you off the bed. Trust me I'd love to. It's talking in accents just to be goofy, and trying to embarrass each other in public. It's going on adventures, and making fun of each other. It's stupid fights and memorable makeups. Love isn't pretty and romantic. Love is just tumbling through life with your best friend. So Ryan, I promise to love you through thick and thin until the day I die. I promise to always try my hardest for you and our family. And I promise to always be your rock. I'm always a number in your corner rooting you on. I don't ever want to imagine a life without you, I love you Ryan and you'll always be my person too."

Taz walked over with the rings and I took Ryan's and he took mine.

John continued with the service.

"Do you Ryan Goins, hereby take Lucy Martin to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," he said slipping the ring onto my finger.

"Do you Lucy Martin, hereby take Ryan Goins to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," I said slipping the ring onto his finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, Ryan you know what to do," John said winking at Ryan.

He smiled and kissed me.

"I now give you Mr and Mrs Goins!"

Everyone cheered as we kissed again. I couldn't have been happier than I was in that moment.

A/N: Guys this is the end! Thank you to everyone who stuck with this story! I know at the end I jumped to 2018! Oops! I'm considering making a sequel but I might wait for the timeline to catch up to my speedy pace! Thank you all for dealing with my slow updates and my fast ones! I love you all! And almost 7k reads!!
Thank you all!
Lucy💕