Chapter Twenty Three

It was the end of September and it was crunch time. We needed that wildcard spot. And the guys want it. They want it bad.

I haven't heard tell of Alex since he showed up in my apartment that night but he was always looming in my thoughts.

And Ryan and I have started rekindling our relationship. It's been hard though. He's been sent down and called back up a lot lately so it's been kind of up in the air.

I really love Ryan. With all of my heart. And as much as that scares me, it feels so right and I wouldn't have it any other way. I never realized how much I loved him until I lost him.

The saying, you don't realize what you have until it's gone, is true. I didn't realize what I had until it was gone.

Sadly we lost our last home game of the regular season 4-0 to the Orioles. Depending on how the trades and stuff go, that could have been Jose and Edwin's last regular season home game as a Blue Jay.

It saddened me to think about it. I loved these guys. All of them.

And our first game of our last series of the regular season didn't exactly go our way. We lost 5-3.

I went back to my hotel room frustrated because our wildcard spot was slipping through our fingers.

There had to be something that I could do to make these guys want October baseball badly.

And they really pulled it out of their asses and won. But before the game was done, we found out that we clinched the wildcard division! Party in the clubhouse tonight!

After the game was over we all put on our October baseball shirts and postseason hats and gathered for a team picture before taking to the pre-plasticized clubhouse.

We all put on our goggles and grabbed a bottle of champagne and let the party begin.

Ryan rushed over to me and picked my up and kissed me. My night just got 10000000000% better.

"WE DID IT LUCE!!" he yelled over the noise of the party.

"FREAKING RIGHT!" I yelled back as I sprayed him with champagne.

|||||||||

I woke up the next morning with a splitting headache. But David was there with a glass of water, some aspirin and a huge bucket.

"I'm not gonna throw up you turkey," I said as I took the pills and the glass.

"Well I'm never sure with you, and by the way, Ryan is sleeping on our couch. I don't know if you remember telling him he could stay there of not so I thought I'd tell you haha," he laughed making my head throb.

I winced and took another drink of water.

"Lucy? Can I ask you one thing?" David asked.

"Sure."

"Do you love Ryan? Cause I know you fucked Josh and then you guys broke up, but now you guys are kinda getting back together and it just made me wonder," he explained.

"Of course I love Ryan, I don't think I ever stopped," I said.

"Okay good, because I don't want you to get hurt again. It killed me to see you in so much pain," he told me.

"I know it did David. I could see in in your face. That crease between your eyebrows was there and it's only there when you're upset or worried. And I'm glad he's coming back into my life. I really truly am. He makes me so unbelievably happy and I want to spend the rest of my life with him."

"Well, I think he really loves you too Luce. And I think when the time is right, he'll propose. But right now just focus on getting your relationship out of the rocks. Okay?"

"I will David, thank you for always being here for me," I said wrapping him in a hug.

"Hey, it's my job to be here for you," he told me, smiling.

I smiled at him. I was so lucky and blessed to have someone as amazing as him in my life.

I then stumbled out into my living room where Ryan was sitting up watching TV.

"I didn't know you were awake," I stated taking a seat next to him.

"David woke me up waking you up," he laughed.

"Oh," I laughed then grabbed the remote and put it on Sportsnet to see all of the highlights from our party.

And there was Ryan and I kissing on national television. And the caption underneath read, "Is baseball's favourite couple getting back together?"

I immediately got up and raced to the bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet.

Ryan came on behind me and began rubbing my back and held my hair for me.

Once I was done I flushed the toilet and leaned back.

I was in Ryan's arms and it felt so good. I had ached for this for far too long.

"You feel better now?" He asked stroking my hair.

"Yeah. I do, thank you," I said turning around so I could kiss him on the cheek.

"Hey I'd do anything for you Luce," he said looking into my eyes.

I felt myself falling again. Falling in love. One by one my pieces were being glued back together by the only person who knew how.

He pressed his lips to mine and I knew then that I never wanted to let Ryan go. He meant far to much to me.

They say if you love someone, let them go and if they really love you they'll come back, and this love came back to me.

|||||||||

After we blissfully swept the Texas Rangers in the ALDS, we were having another extravagant clubhouse party, this time at home.

A few minutes into the party I seen Ryan standing on a chair with a mega phone.

"EVERYONE LISTEN UP! I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!" he shouted into the mega phone, gaining everyone's attention.

"What I'm about to do has been a fee days in the making and I want to thank Russell for making this possible," he said walking towards me.

He then got down on one knee, "Lucy, I have never been more in love with someone as I am with you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?"

"Yes," I said instantly.

He slipped a ring on my finger and the room went wild.

A/N: I'm super sorry this took so long! School has been crazier than I expected and I'm always swamped with homework! I've been working on this as much as I can but the updates are still slow! Sorry guys but I hope you enjoy this!
Lucy💕