Chapter Twenty Four

I was engaged. I couldn't believe it! And my ring was gorgeous! It was a medium sized diamond on a white gold band. It was perfect.

When I got home that night with a good buzz on and told David he just smiled and told me that he already knew! Ryan asked for his and Russell's blessing. It was super sweet of him.

That moment was much better than knocking out Texas, and that was pretty damn sweet.

Ryan moved back in with David and I and my life felt so complete again. I have been sleeping better than I have before, and overall my mood has been better and I'm happier.

I didn't realize how much I missed waking up next to Ryan until I had it taken away and given back to me.

We lost the ALCS in five games to the Cleveland Indians, but I was so proud of our team.

Since it was the off season we all decided to take a trip to California. Aaron invited us all down to his parents place.

We all hopped on a direct flight to California and it finally sunk in. I was engaged. To Ryan. And I was so happy.

I sat in between him and David on the flight to California. I ended up falling asleep on Ryan's shoulder, and woke up in the middle of one of their conversations.

"Do you really love her?" I heard David ask.

I eased my eyes back shut so they didn't know I was awake.

"Of course I do. I don't just ask people to marry me if I don't love them. I am so in love with Lucy. I couldn't imagine life without her. I love her so much that other words have started to take on its meaning. 'Drive safe' I love you. 'Have a good day' I love you. 'Have a good sleep' I love you. I really do love her."

I lifted my head and smiled at him. "That was cute," I said.

"Well it's true!" He exclaimed.

"You got lucky Luce," David said to me. "He's a good guy. I just finished drilling him!"

"I thought you would've done that before when he asked your permission to marry me," I laughed.

"One would've thought!"

I smiled and rested my head on Ryan's shoulder again as the captain's voice came over the speaker.

"Prepare for descent," the almost mechanical voice spoke.

I was excited to meet Aaron's parents. Aaron is a sweet guy and I was intrigued to meet the people who raised him to be who he is.

I was also happy to be off this flight because even though I love flying, this flight was just so long.

We landed and I walked off the small plane and into the warm California sun. I stretched my arms over my head and smiled as I grabbed Ryan's hand.

We grabbed our luggage and hailed a taxi and gave them the address that wasn't that far from here. Maybe a half hour forty five minutes at the most.

What a cab fee this is gonna be.

When we finally got to Aaron's parents place, we payed our massive 139 dollar cab fee and grabbed our bags.

I was ready to hit the beach. Nothing would make me happier than going to the beach and swimming in the ocean.

So that's what we did. After introductions of course. We were also showed to our rooms and then we changed.

I loved the feeling of hot sand between my toes. And the blue water and the smell of salt. It reminds me of when I went to Florida as a kid.

When Ryan finally made his way down to the beach I grabbed his hand and ran into the water.

It was cold and refreshing and I loved it. I splashed Ryan with the cold water and made sure to get some in his eyes.

He moved and grabbed my wrists and pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me.

He looked into my eyes.

"Do you really need to splash me? And in my eyes too?"

I laughed. "Yes it's very necessary."

At that he quirked his eyebrow and picked me up and threw me out deeper into the water.

"Ryan!!" I yelled as I surfaced again.

"That's what you get for splashing me!" He yelled back.

"You're a butt head!"

"But you love me!" I could see his smirk from here.

I started swimming back to him and when I got to him he had his back turned so I took the opportunity and jumped on his back.

"Jesus!" He yelled.

"That's what you get for throwing me out over my head you turkey," I said into his ear.

"Ugh fine you win. But I'm only letting you win because I love you," he said grabbing my hands and letting me fall off his back.

"Well I love you too," I said kissing his cheek.

|||||||||

After swimming we all decided to go out for supper.

Aaron's parents knew a restaurant a few minutes down the road. It was small and cute.

I ordered a cheeseburger because flying and swimming makes me hungry and I was starving.

It was the most delicious burger I've had in a long time.

Long after I ate the burger I started to feel sick. I was sitting watching TV with Ryan in our guest bedroom, when I rushed to the bathroom and cleared my stomach of its contents.

I felt Ryan pull my hair back and start to rub my back.

My forehead was covered in sweat and I started to shiver as I flushed the toilet and started to stand up.

Ryan grabbed my hands and pulled me up, then scooped me into his arms and layed me on our bed.

"Come on I'll snuggle you until you feel better," he soothed.

He crawled in beside me and started rubbing my back and playing with my hair until I fell asleep.

|||||||||

I woke up five times through the night sick. And each time Ryan was there to hold my hair back and to bring me back to bed.

After three days of being sick I realized something big.

I swung the covers off of me and showered and got dressed then told David to take me to the drug store.

I went in, bought what I needed and went back to the car.

When we got back to the house I went straight to the bathroom and didn't come out for ten minutes.

Ryan eventually figured out where I was and asked if I was alright.

"No, you should probably come in," I said through my tears.

He came in and seen why I was crying.

"You're gonna be a dad Ryan," I said as he wrapped me in a bone crushing hug.

A/N: Omg guys I'm so sorry this took so long! I've been going through a tough breakup and my brother was in the hospital but all is well now so Happy New Year! Hope you enjoy this update!