Chapter Twenty Five

Ryan and I decided to keep the whole pregnancy thing a secret for as long as possible.

It's not that we didn't want people to know, it's just that the press would go crazy and it would be all over social media before we knew it.

When we were ready we were going to post it on instagram.

I think having a baby is going to be scary. Ryan is really excited about it and I am too don't get me wrong, but something about pushing a living human out of my lower half scares me.

"So when are we allowed to tell people?" He asked for the millionth time.

"After I get back to Canada and go to my doctor," I told him for what was probably the fifth time in the past five minutes.

"Are you gonna tell David before then?"

"I don't know, I want to tell him but at the same time I want it to be a surprise too," I told him just as David stuck his head in our room.

"Tell David what?" He asked.

"Nothing it's a surprise," I told him at the same time Ryan said, "Lucy's pregnant."

"Ryan!" I yelled. "What part of it's a surprise don't you understand!"

"Sorry," he muttered.

"So you're pregnant?" David asked.

"Yeah I am," I told him smiling. "But it's a secret so you better keep your mouth shut."

"These lips are sealed," he said smiling and leaving us.

"I didn't mean to tell him I'm just so excited and happy that I'm gonna be a dad!"

"I know you are and it's okay I didn't mean to snap at you either. I'm just glad it was David you told and not somebody else," I told him giving him a hug. "Maybe we should go to Texas and tell your parents in person!"

"Really! That would be awesome! But David isn't coming right?"

"No he doesn't have to come, he can go back to our apartment and keep things running for us," I said grabbing my phone to get us tickets to Texas.

There were two tickets first class, Ryan insisted, leaving tomorrow morning. We went and told David our plans and he said he was okay with it.

So we got him a ticket back to Toronto for tomorrow too.

We went and thanked the Sanchez's for the wonderful vacation and that we would probably be back before the pre-season started.

"You didn't tell your parents we were coming did you?" I asked.

"No why?"

"I want it to be a surprise."

|||||||||

We landed into Texas at about 1:30 in the afternoon and Ryan went to get a car rental while I claimed our baggage.

When Ryan came back he brought me out to his rental sports car. A Maserati.

The he began the drive to Hard Rock.

I had only met Ryan's parents once. And that was after he first proposed at the party.

I don't know if they like me or not but I'm hoping they do.

The look on Melissa and Robert Goins face when Ryan and I walked into their house was priceless.

"Ryan! Oh my gosh what are you doing home! This is such a surprise!" Melissa exclaimed.

"Lucy and I wanted to visit before we went back to Toronto, we have something to tell you!"

"Really? Ryan we already know that you guys are engaged we were there for that remember?" She told him.

"No Mrs. Goins, Ryan and I are expecting our first child!" I told her.

"Oh please call me Melissa I insist! And oh my gosh Robert!! We're going to be grandparents!" The woman shouted.

Ryan took my jacket and hung it up and lead me over to the couch where we sat while Melissa went crazy over the idea of being a grandmother.

"Oh Ryan I'm so happy for you guys! When did you find out?" She asked.

"A few days ago, we thought Lucy had the stomach flu, but she put a few things together and realized that she might be pregnant and she went without me to the drug store and bought a test and it was positive. I found her hiding out in the bathroom crying the happiest tears I've ever seen and that's when she told me," he explained smiling at me.

He looked at me with such love, and it made my heart swell. They say you just know when you meet the one. And I definitely know that I've met the one for me.

|||||||||

Morning sickness is the worst thing in the whole world. It's almost worse than having the stomach flu because you know it's coming back every morning for the first three months.

Ryan has been super sweet through all of it. Mood swings, vomiting, whining and complaining. He gets up every time I'm sick and he always holds my hair back and rubs my back.

He went with me to my first doctors appointment and vowed to go to every single one, even if they weren't important.

Basically at my first appointment the doctor confirmed that I was pregnant and recommended some vitamins to take throughout my pregnancy.

I was scheduled to go in once a month for my whole pregnancy unless she wanted to see me more.

We went home and Ryan pulled me down onto the couch and started drawing patterns on my stomach, which was starting to get a little bit firmer.

"I'm so happy it's you," he whispered. "I'm gonna marry you and I'm the father of your children. Lucy you make me so undeniably happy, it was wrong of me to leave you the first time, and I promise to never leave you again. I was so happy when you said yes. It was a spur of the moment thing and I know that we weren't even together, but you said yes and those three letters strung together coming out of your mouth made my world spin again. I loved you then, I love you now, and baby girl I promise I'll love you forever. It's my one and only mission in life to make you happy so I'm gonna do it."

Tears were slowly making their way down my face as I listened to him say words straight from his heart.

I know I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

A/N: I'm in a good writing mood so two updates in two days! Happy New Year!
Lucy💕