Chapter Eleven

I walked down the hall to Ryan's apartment and knocked.

"One minute!" I heard from the other side of the door.

The door opened to a shirtless Ryan. I looked him up and down without even realizing it.

"Like what you see?" He joked.

"Mhm I do," I said stepping inside.

"I see you've traded your cleats for heels," he said buttoning up his plaid shirt.

"Yes I have, and we're matching," I noted.

"I guess we are," he said rolling up his sleeves.

God he doesn't even know how good looking that is.

"Come on, let's go," he said grabbing my hand.

We left and he drove us down to the Family Restaurant.

I moved to open my door but he stopped me. He came around and opened the door for me and held out his hand.

I took it as we headed inside. Ryan had a reservation for my favourite table at the back of the restaurant.

He pulled my chair out for me and I sat down. I always knew he was a gentleman but tonight so far was just wow.

I stared at my menu even though I had the whole thing memorized. I put my menu down just in time to catch Ryan staring at me.

"You look stunning tonight," he told me smiling.

I could feel my cheeks getting hot as I smiled at him.

Then the waitress came over to take our order and decided that she would hit on Ryan. It was like I wasn't even there. But I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go with the waitress.

She was beautiful. I was a girl who would rather wear sweats and watch a movie. The waitress looked like a girly girl. While makeup was probably a necessity to her, it was hardly something I kept at home.

I excused myself to go to the washroom and when I got there I took deep breaths.

I looked in the mirror. I was nothing compared to the waitress. My hair was dull. My face not contoured or highlighted like hers.

I took more deep breaths and waited for my face to stop being red. It took a few minutes but I walked back out of the bathroom and plastered a smile on my face. Nothing could bother me.

Except the waitress sitting in my chair laughing at something Ryan must've said.

In most cliché stories the girl would start crying and storm out of the restaurant. Leaving the guy stranded. Then the guy would feel bad and find the girl and they would make up blah blah blah.

But I'm not that girl. I sauntered over and stood in front of the girl.

"I do believe that this is my seat," I said sternly.

Her eyes widened and she scurried away. Guess she wasn't as confident as she looked.

I sat back down and a waiter came to tend to us.

"Sorry about her, she always does this, it's a wonder she hasn't been fired yet. So what can I get you guys tonight?" The waiter asked.

"I'll have the cheeseburger platter and a budwieser," I said handing him my menu.

"I'll have what she's having," Ryan told the waiter handing him his menu.

The waiter left to get our drinks and a look crossed Ryan's face.

"What?" I asked.

"Hm? Oh nothing," he told me. I knew he was lying through his teeth but I wasn't going to say anything.