Chapter Twenty One

"Stop it Alex!" I squealed as I dodged his hands as he tried to tickle me again.

"But Lucy, you're so cute when I tickle you!" He whined.

"Alex, don't you dare," I threatened.

"I just can't help myself!" He exclaimed as he tickled me, sending me into another wave of laughter.

"Alexander David Bregman, stop!" I screeched.

"I suppose, but I leave Toronto tomorrow and I want to take you out. Come on. Get all dolled up for me," he asked.

"Alright. I'll go out with you. I'll even put on high heels. Not my cleats," I joked.

"It'll be nice to see you in something other than a baseball uniform. I bet I could get you a job for the Astros if we get super serious," he told me.

Wow. A job where I get to see Alex every day!

"I'd like that a lot," I smiled. "Now shoo if you want me to get all prettied up for you!"

"Alright be ready by seven," he said getting up.

It was five thirty. Shit.

I ran to the bathroom and showered and shaved my legs cause you never know what could happen! Just kidding it's because I'm wearing a knee length dress.

After I got out I dried off and slid into my knee length red dress. I did my makeup and put on my favourite red lipstick.

I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I then put it into a man bun because they're cute on a girl too.

I looked at the time and seen I had a half hour to spare.

I put on my perfume and slid into my black strappy sandals. My god I look amazing.

I sat on my couch and waited for Alex to text me. It was five to seven when there was a knock on the door.

My heart fluttered in my chest, but I opened the door to Josh D. I frowned.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You can't go out with Alex. Not tonight. Not ever," he told me.

"You aren't the boss of me. I'm going out with Alex whether you like it or not," I spat as my phone went off, a text from Alex saying that a he's here. Perfect timing.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date to go on," I said shoving past him.

"You're making a huge mistake!" He called after me.

I just ignored him as I pressed the elevator button. I walked in and when the doors opened again, I was greeted by the smiling face of Alex.

|||||||||

"Lucy, would you like the job in Houston? I asked my manager, and he said that he'd love to have you in the dugout," Alex offered.

"You know what? I'll take it. I need a change. I love being with the Blue Jays, but honestly it's too weird now. I may have history with them, but I definitely have chemistry with you. I'll tell John tomorrow. Thank you for tonight Alex," I said pressing my lips to his cheek before stepping into the elevator.

"Anytime Lucy, see you tomorrow," he said as the elevator doors closed.

I don't know if I'm making a huge mistake or not, but I'm about to find out.

|||||||||

"Hey John, can I have a word?" I asked as I knocked on the open door.

"Sure kiddo, what's up?" He asked. He must've sensed something wrong because I never call him John.

"I've been thinking a lot over the last little bit, and I need to step down from my job. I think I let things get too personal, and I have ruined things for myself. I stepped outside of the professional box and I ruined things. And I've been offered a job with the Astros. I think that it's time for a new beginning. And this time I'm not going to let anything personal get in the way."

"Wow kiddo. That's a lot to take in, but I respect your decision. It's gonna feel a lot less homey here without you, but I hope that you'll join me again later on in your career. You're staying for one last game right?"

"Of course," I whispered.

He nodded and I went into the clubhouse for what was almost the last time.

I got changed into my uniform when the guys came in from BP.

"Hey Lucy! Ready for today?" Michael asked in his always chipper voice.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Are you okay? You seem a little down," he asked.

"Yeah I'm good just-"

"Aww did Alex break your heart?" Josh teased.

I felt my face get hot so I left the clubhouse and went to the dugout. And of course the Astros were taking their BP.

"Hey! Lucy!" Alex called running over to the dugout.

"Hey," I said sitting down.

"What's wrong?"

"Just emotional. This is my last game in Toronto as a Jay. These guys have been my everything for the past two years. I don't know if I can go to Houston. I don't know if I can go through with it. I may have history with these guys, but they're my rock. I need them. I'm sorry Alex I just can't do it," I said as a few tears slipped down my cheek.

"Ugh women and their emotions," he muttered as he walked off.

"You were gonna go to Houston?" A voice said.

I turned my head and seen Ryan.

I nodded and wiped my tears. I hate crying.

He pulled me into a hug, and I inhaled his familiar scent. His arms felt like home and there was no place I'd rather be than right here.

A/N: Omg guys! I'm so sorry for taking so darn long! A lot has happened lately and school has started and wow I'm super stressed out so sorry for this short chapter! But sadly updates will be coming in slower since I don't have all the time of the world in my hands! Sorry guys!
Lucy💕