Chapter Five

Once David and I finished our meal we left for his apartment. His roommate moved out last month because he graduated.

"It's been a while since I've been here," I told him.

"Yeah since last year when the Jays wanted you and you left because Russell was on the team," he said setting my suitcase down.

"Yeah I know, but I don't know about that job anymore. It's just getting complicated. And it's not even worth the money anymore," I said sitting down on the couch.

"Hey its okay, I'm here for you Luce, and if you need a place to stay, I'm always just a call or text away," he said sitting beside me and hugging me.

I started to cry because if I did decide to leave the Blue Jays, I don't know how I would cope with that.

"I don't know what to do David, I'm so stuck. And last night, Ryan didn't use protection. So when I was saying goodbye to the guys I held out the package of morning after pills and he just nodded his head. Oh David I should never have did what I did last night," I cried into his shoulder.

"Lucy, things happen for a reason, and he was either a lesson or a blessin' and the way things are going maybe he's a lesson. It's okay to feel these things Lucy, you're only human, but I just want you to know that no matter what I'm always here for you. Just take these couple of weeks and think things through. And I'll support your decision no matter what, and I'm pretty sure the guys will too."

I looked at him. "Thank you David," I told him wiping my eyes.

"Anything for you bestie," he said laughing.

"David we called each other besties in like elementary school ," I said laughing too.

"We didn't know each other in elementary school," he pointed out.

"True. So how's lifeguarding been latley," I asked him.

"Pretty slow so far. Which surprises me because it's June and hot outside."

"Yeah I still remember when I met you at camp. Where you lived for ten weeks to lifeguard three camps," I said remembering when I left that first camp and he gave me a hug. And only me.

"I remember that too Loud Lucy," he told me bringing up the name game we played when everyone was there.

"Alright then David," I said laughing.

"Come on its getting late, I'll set you up in the guest room," he said grabbing both of my suitcases and showing me to the guest room.

"Thanks David, I'll see you tomorrow," I said easing the door shut.

"Goodnight Lucy," he said and then I heard him pad down the hall.

|||||||||

"Lucy!" A voice whisper yelled at me and I woke up. I didn't know where I was. I then realized I was in bed. But not my bed. David was laying beside me.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"My room," he stated.

"How did I get here? Oh my god was I sleepwalking again?"

"Yeah I think so," he said yawning.

"I'll see you in the morning," I said moving to get out of bed. But David grabbed my hand.

"No you can stay here if you want," he said and I layed back down. David and I used to sleep in the same bed as each other when we were teenagers.

He pulled me into his side and I fell asleep almost instantly.