Chapter Four

I woke up in my apartment the next morning with Ryan next to me. I smiled, then realized that I was naked and so was he.

What the hell did I do last night?

I then remembered everything from last night, dinner with some of the guys, hitting the bars and dancing and kissing Ryan. Then having sex with him after we came back to my apartment.

Oh my god what did I do. I simply have to shut my feelings out for Ryan because I cannot be having sex or any relationships with my players other than friendship. It was as simple as that.

I quietly got out of bed and put clothes on. I was still shocked that I could be so freaking stupid.

And you know what? I don't even think he used a goddamned condom! I'm so buying the morning after pill and praying to God that it works.

I was in tears as I stumbled out of my apartment and down to the workout room. I had to tell someone. And who better than your brother.

I found Russell immediately and he automatically knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong Luce?" He asked setting down the weights he was using.

"I had sex with Ryan last night," I said crying into my hands.

Russell pulled me into a hug. "Did he use protection?"

"I don't think so," I said crying even harder.

"Oh god," he said hugging me tighter.

We broke apart after a while and I continued down stairs and walked to the nearest drug store and got the morning after pill.

The whole walk back I decided whether I would take it or not. But I decided that I should talk with Ryan first.

But when I got back to my apartment, he was gone. And he left my door wide open too. What asshat doesn't even shut the door?

Frustrated I slammed my door, and sat on my couch holding the package. I struggled with the decision to take the pill. But I just couldn't do it right now. And I had three days to decide.

I decided to take a hot shower and get ready for BP. And a hella awkward one too.

|||||||||

"Nice swing," a voice said from outside the cage. It was Ryan of course.

"Thanks," I said coolly.

He just kind of looked at me funny and walked away.

"Feisty today are we?" Josh D asked from the cage beside me.

"Not in the mood Josh," I snapped.

I seen his eyes go wide and I stepped out of the cage and sat in the dugout.

"What the hell is your problem today?" Josh said following behind me as I walked through the tunnel and into the clubhouse.

I changed quickly, not caring that everyone in the clubhouse saw me in, God forbid, my underwear.

The guys seemed to pick up on my mood and the clubhouse was quiet as I left slamming the door shut behind me.

I walked over to the lineup board and wrote down my suggestion.

Jose, Josh, Edwin, Micheal, Russell, Devon, Kevin, Darwin and Ryan.

I walked down the street and didn't realize where my feet were carrying me, and I ended up walking in a circle and back at Rogers Center.

About an hour had passed and I hoped that I was the only one here. And I was to my knowledge.

I put my uniform back on and started walking around the field to try to calm my nerves before the big game against Baltimore tonight.