Chapter Four || Friend? I Suppose...

Your classes honestly couldn't drag on any slower. Though you weren't head-over-heels for the guy, you did think that he was rather attractive and had taken an interest in him. His dark eyes were in the back of your mind during all of your lessons, gently dragging your attention away from the professor.

Finally, the bell rings, signaling the end of morning lessons. Stashing your notebooks and folders into your rent locker and locking it, you quickly stride outside into the sunshine. Other students stream past you, all intent on eating out for lunch. You sit and wait on a dark green bench, shaded under the thick leaves of an oak tree. Soon realizing you had no idea what Corey's car looked like, you let your (e/c) eyes wander over the various vehicles driving in and out of the college parking lot, hoping to spy his friendly face.

Fifteen minutes later, you were still sitting on that bench and the parking lot was empty.

Your eyes were half lidded and glazed over while your head was debating whether to feel angry or sad. It was twenty minutes until lessons began again and it was obvious you were stood up.

"Hey, are you- are you alright?"

For a second, you considered lying, or just ignoring him, but to be honest, you were too hurt at the moment to be mean. Your gaze slides over from the ground to red and white sneakers. Further curious, you trail up neatly ironed blue jeans to a plush white turtle neck sweater to a round, sweet open face. Dark magenta hair curls around his concerned light green eyes.

"No, not really." You answer honestly. The male pauses a moment, then sits down next to you.

"I'm, uh, I'm Brenden. What's- What's wrong?" Though he stuttered every other word and spoke softly, was easy to understand him. His quiet tone was soothing.

"I..." You pause. "A guy invited me to eat lunch with him, but he... He, uh, he didn't show up."

"He- He asked you- you out but s-stood you up?" You nod, your eyes returning to the pavement. A small hand lays on your shoulder. The white sleeves were much too long, but Brenden didn't seem to mind or care.

Another guy, with jet white blonde hair and black roots are spiked to the left, walks up, in his hand a cardboard tray holding two steaming coffee cups and a croissant. He wears a black and white flannel with the furred hood down. His electric blue eyes flash between the two of you, an uneasy, possessive glint in them.

"Nick, this is a friend of mine. She's having some troubles." Friend? I suppose, you think. The dangerous look melts away with disguised relief, a smile gracing his masculine features. He extends his hand to shake yours.

"Nickolei Quartz."

"(Y/n) (L/n)." You nod and offer a weak smile back. Nickolei sits on the other side of Brenden, respectful of your space. Nick seems much older than Brenden, dark facial hair growing along his jaw, chin and upper lip and definitely a taller, thicker build. You didn't recognize them, obviously, but the campus was large, and you're sure there were dozens of students you didn't know. 

"Here, we can split this -I'm sure you're hungry." Nick breaks the pastry into three pieces, handing you one. Its deliciously warm and sweet tasting.

"Thank you." You say gratefully. It obviously wasn't a full meal, but it would keep the wolves at bay until your lessons ended and you could go home.

Your talk with Nick and Brenden was peaceful; intelligent at some points and silly in others. They constantly toyed with each other, Nick giving Brenden noogies and Brenden hugging his arm or nuzzling his face into the crook of Nick's neck.

It was soon you realized that the two were lovers. It was evident in everything they did; the way they looked at each other, the times Nick would scoot closer how he thought was inconspicuous, or the million times Brenden would touch Nick, giving an excuse or not.

It was adorable.

After what seemed so short a time, the twenty minutes was up and you had to get back to class. Apparently, so did Brenden.

"I've already received my PhD in medical school." Nick explains, "But Brenden has two more years before he graduates, so I took on a mechanic job here to wait for him."

"I'm studying to be a- to be a doctor too! Or a- a EMT para- paramedic!" Brenden spoke excitedly. Nick chuckles, wrapping an arm around the shorter one's waist. Brenden leans his head against Nick's shoulder, gazing affectionately. 

"Yup. He's gonna be my little life saver." Brenden giggles, his cheeks dusting pink. He quickly lays a kiss on Nick's jaw.

"You already- already saved mine. I have- have to return the favor-favor."

You smile widely at their sweet flirting.

"Maybe we could meet again?" Nick asks, addressing you. You nod, pulling out your phone -which seems to be working again- and exchange numbers before you and Brenden leave Nick and head inside the building. You smile to yourself as you turn into your already crowed and chatty class.

"How quickly things can turn..."

~*~*~*
Now do you still expect me to keep calm?
No.
Didn't think so. Why did this happen?! We take care of the first problem, then two more pop up!!
Yep.
Why does this keep happening?! We need to get her before anything else happens!
Yep.
Is that all your going to say??
Possibly.
God, you're a pain in my demon arse.
Speak for yourself. Your losing your head in an easily fixable situation.
...
And with two simple sentences I've rendered you speechless.
Shut up, Dark!
Make me, Anti!

/////
I love writing. I love demons. I love yandere obsessions. I love all you people! Spread the love! *showers you in love that looks conveniently like fabric flowers I stole from your house* LOVE!!