Chapter Five || See you Soon

You, Brenden and Nickolei agree to meet the next day for lunch again at Wendy's. It was Brenden's favorite and you certainly didn't mind.

While waiting outside, you picked up a newspaper to read the comics. However, a particular article caught your eye.

GRUESOME MURDER TO YOUNG LIBRARY EMPLOYEE

Ethan Nestor was found in his apartment gruesomely murdered at 12:56 pm(afternoon) by his landlord. He was reportedly disemboweled, decapitated, and his arms and legs shredded to ribbons by long sharp blades. No evidence of any kind has been found nor any suspects taken into custody. No kin has stepped forward to claim belongings or to question.

Stunned, you gape in shock. Ethan? Ethan was dead? Murdered? That explained everything.

Nickolei picked you up in his red Mustang. Brenden sweetly decided to sit in the back with you. His magenta hair seemed to be more neatly combed; the curls brushed mostly off to the side.

The ride was quick. The Wendy's you arrived at was, for the most part, empty. You silently thanked the lords. You weren't one who enjoyed crowds or small spaces. Call it claustrophobia, but it really depended on your mood.

After ordering, Brenden picked out a booth near the window. The seat was a dark red, with a bordering of flowery wood. Brenden and Nickolei sat close, occasionally whispering flirtaciously in eachothers ears. At first, it made you feel like an awkward third wheel, but they were sweet to include in conversation continuosly.

Finally the food came. Everyone had ordered sandwiches of some kind. While munching, you became aware of another voice. You looked up to see a television mounted on the wall near the ceiling. It was playing some sort of cartoon show about a cowering pink dog, and a grey haired, chubby old lady. You watched it a moment before returning your gaze to the couple in front of you, but something makes you double take.

The screen has gone black, as usual to the ending of a show, but three white dots have appeared in the middle. It's signaling for you to wait. Other words begin typing onto the TV.

Hello,

 What is this? A commercial?

Hello, (Y/n).

What. The. Frickafrack. Wait, it must be using a name to "connect" with viewers. It can't possibly mean you.

Hello, (Y/n) (L/n).

You freeze. What?

We've been watching you.

Watching you for awhile now.
And we like you. Really. Like. You.

You don't know what to do or say, your eyes locked on the words appearing before you. You frozen in indescribable fear.

We know you don't like it there.
It's not fit for... people like you. You're better.

Come live with us.
You'll be happy here.

"Happy?" Who are these people? How do they know my name?

We know everything about you.
Where you eat.
Where you sleep.
Your favorite colour.
What happened to your parents.
Everything.

Your vision tunnels. Those words ingrain themselves into your brain, growing alight just behind your eyes. 

"(Y-Y/n)?"

"(Y/n), are you alright?"

You blink rapidly, brought out of your trance by gentle hands turning your face away from the TV. Milk chocolate brown eyes peer worriedly into yours. You grimace, bringing your hands to your head. A bad migraine has decided to grace your brain.

"C'mon, let's get you home." Nickolei's deep voice floats around you. You feel a small tugging on your arm, then your pulled to a standing position and to the door. You peek your eyes open and glance at the tv. There are three words waiting for you:

See you soon.

/////

Short chapter I know, but progress has been made!! (Y/n) has been communicated to!! Yay!! Things about to get

VIRTUAL.