Chapter Twenty-Seven || Where does the Stupid Road Lead?

MURDER MURDER I FEEL LIKE MURDER~ ISSUES ISSUES I HAVE ISSUES~ KITTY KITTY I LOVE KITTIES

You know the literal pain you feel when you're a fangirl... Well, mine makes me laugh hysterically and say weird stuff. Heh, heh, heh...

"What were the street names, again?" 

"Freak Avenue, Weird Street, and Stupid Rode." 

"You're sure?" 

"That's what I saw." 

Dark doesn't look convinced. Anti, however, was totally on your side with everything. 

"Let's jus' let (Y/n) lead, Dark! Couldn't hurt nobody!" He flashes you a fanged smile. Dark frowns, looking around the park. Though it was around six in the morning, there were several people milling about on the gravel paths, getting in early morning exercise. 

"Alright," Dark says finally, "(Y/n) will take the lead. We'll... Follow." You give him a smug look.

"Glad you've come to your senses, Dark." You pivot on your heel and start off in the general direction you thought maybe was the way the squirrel went, but you weren't sure. 

Oh, but you went with confidence because josh dunit, you were the leader and you were going to lead!

After awhile of wandering aimlessly- With confidence!- You came to a familiar looking avenue. 

"Ha, see! Freay Avenue!" You point triumphantly to the green posted sign. "Told you!" Dark regards you with calm annoyance.

"Told me what, exactly? You stated the sign was 'Freak Ave'," He gestures to the sign, "This one reads 'Freay'." You push him playfully. He wasn't expecting it, and nearly fell over, his expression shocked.

"Shut up. I was right, but you are too chicken to admit it!" Anti butts in before Dark can reply.

"Nah, (Y/n), if Dark was anythin', he'd be a goose." The Irishman shakes his head, "Those things are scary, mean, and are jus' downrigh' fowl." 

"Shut up, birdbrain." Dark recovers and shoves Anti, who in turn shoves back. It quickly turns into a shoving match, leaving the both of them scrambling on the pavement, with you watching on.

"Goose egg!"

"Bird poop!"

"Water fowl!"

"Dirty duck!"

Your 'Wtf' lines deepen, and you cast a look around to see if anyone was watching. Nope. Empty street both ways. 

"Guys?" You venture tentatively, "Guys? We, uh, should probably get going, huh? Remember, lives at stake and everything?" 

They instantly stop, limbs tangled, claws pulling on eachother's hair. They keep their grip, but tilt their heads to look up at you. You hook a thumb over your shoulder. 

"I remember; I went down this way..." They meet gazes, seem to consider the sensible course of action, then slowly let go of the other's hair and detangle themselves. The demons dust themselves off, looking sheepish. 

"Well then, if you're done with your shenanigans, we'll get going, again." You say, feeling authoritative. Almost like you were babysitting children.  

You begin walking down the sidewalk of Freay Avenue, waving your hand for them to follow.

"Come along, children."