Chapter Twenty Nine || Yet, So Far

We interrupt to bring you a note from our sponsor: "Glasses should have tiny windshield wipers."

Thank you, and now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Dead glances back at Anti, making sure he was watching, then strode over to Jack, laying a hand on his cheek, almost lovingly. Jack grimaces, but doesn't move. You barely had a second to warn them you were successful with your operation. Thankfully, they understood not to move, or risk getting into much bigger trouble.

"How did you sleep, little broccoli sprout?" He croons. "Madness can become tiring, can't it?"

"Get off me, sicko." The Irishman growls. Dead's grin widens.

"Don't you mean, Psycho?" He chuckles, stepping around to Mark, but steps on you. "What the hell?" Realization dawns in his electric blue and white lined eyes. "Oh, what a pleasure! What a beauty!" He extends a hand to help you up. "You brought me a present, eh, Anti?" You decline his hand with a disgusted snort.

"I'm not yours!"

"Why not? I'd be able to give you so much more than these dolts." He hooks a thumb over his shoulder. "Besides, I can take you anyway, willingly or not." Anti moves close behind him, eye smoldering.

"(Y/n), run."

Just how often do you find yourself grateful for your body's natural quick instincts? Well, now you were. Before your consciousness could properly process anything, you were on your feet, and (e/c) eyes closed against the heavy wall of smoke that enveloped you.

"Anti, when I find you, I will kill you!" Dead's enraged voice is loud and threatening, but moving away from you. You feel around for the chairs.

"Mark? Jack? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay! Jack?" Mark's voice answers.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" Jack responds. They sound on either side of you. You reach out, and make contact with flesh. You grip Jack's arm, pulling him gently close to you. "Jack, Mark, we need to get out of here!" Jack takes your hand, and after locating Mark, you take his, forming a security chain.

"I'm (Y/n), friend of Dark and Anti's." You quickly introduce yourself.

"A friend?" Mark's voice sounds incredulous. "Of Dark's?"

"Of Anti's?"

"Yes." You extend your foot forward, and judging from where the chairs were, where to move from there to get to the cupboards. "Cmon, follow me." It was a 90 degree straight angle from where you were now and, maybe, thirty feet.

"Anti! Show yourself!"

"Come and find me, nitwit!"

"You-!!"

"Now you know how I felt!"

A bright blue flame lit up the smoke for a split second before you were cast in the suffocating grayish black again. Dead's own flame gave him inspiration, and he started shooting out light ball after light ball, all around him, searching for Anti. You, Mark and Jack were then forced to walk slower, ducking attacks from the white haired demon, still holding hands. The light orbs weren't necessarily dangerous; they diminished on contact, but you weren't ready to take the chance against your own flesh.

"There you are!" A light caught Anti, dangling from the rafters above. Dead held up a hand, and a white flame appeared, which he threw with force at the green haired demon. Anti swung to the side and dodged it, but it exploded into flame against the wall. Anti looked over his shoulder at the damage.