Chapter Eleven || Angel and Demons

Anti's POV

She's so pretty when she's relaxed. Like an angel.

An angel amongst demons...

Does she really belong here, with us?

Would it be better... If she wasn't here...? 

No. Here is better for her. She deserves better than what she had. Dark and I can give her whatever she needs, and whatever she wants. They couldn't do that.

It is better for her here. I know it. 

And soon she will too.

Your POV

You wake up slowly to the sound of music playing softly. You sit up slowly, grunting from the effort. A kink has successfully formed on your neck from sleeping funny on the couch, and a few knots have taken residence in your back. It aches to sit up, and it twinges to stand. Still, you do and proceed downstairs, not bothering with any typical morning procedures.

After all, this was not anything close to normal or typical. 

Your mind was elsewhere anyhow. Completely bypassing Anti and his friendly "Top of the mornin' (Y/n)!" on the way down the stairs, you're in a sort-of trance. Which is why you -so stupidly- missed the sixth step to the bottom and plummeted to your death.

Ha! You didn't really believe you died did you? Psh! As if that would ever happen when you've got clever demons on your side!

You did fall, and you were about inches from an ugly scarring to the facial region, when some unseeable force catches you, wrapping it's palpable tendrils around your ankles, torso, shoulders, and knees. You tense, immediately making your tweaks in your back worse. You bite your lip to keep from screaming in surprise and slightly of pain. There was a dark chuckle from the right of you. Dark stands there, arms crossed, an amused smile on his face. 

"Scared of something?"

You give a weak shake of your head, yelling for him to release you in your head. You knew it was him. No one just becomes stuck in mid air with a demon nearby by coincidence. 

"P-Please..." Is all you can muster. The blood is rushing to your head, making you faint. Slowly, your pulled back into a standing position, your feet just above the ground. Your binds are released and you stumble, pitching forward into Dark, whom you immediately shove away in fear and embarrassment. Anti is now standing at the bottom of the stairs as well, an odd look on his face. An uncomfortable moment of silence follows before Dark speaks to you.

"You don't look so good, (Y/n). Not sleep well?" You shake your head.

"Huh, woulda thought that sleeping pill had done the trick." Anti remarks with horrible grammar. Your mouth falls open in surprise.

"You did slip me a drug!" Dark gives an impressed smile.

"I'm glad you figured it out."

"Not really, it was more of a split-second thought before I fell into a forced sleep!" The red-haired demon shrugs in response. "You still figured it out. I knew you were smart enough. Others would've thought themselves extremely tired..."

"Whatever." You say, unable to think of anything else.

"Why aren't you wearing any of the clothes we got fer ya in the closet? Those are dirty, (Y/n)." Anti says, pointing to your old clothes with a black-clawed finger. They were indeed. It didn't take one day before they smelled of sweat and anxiety, and were coated in dirt and blood. All of which were explainable of course. It's not everybody's cup of tea to be roughly dragged through a broken computer screen after just been dealing with a horrible migraine.

"I didn't trust them." You answer simply. "Just as I don't trust you." Dark staggers back, hand to his heart.

"Oh, you know right where to hurt me!" He sighs dramatically. His red eyes roll. "We've done nothing to harm you-"

"Nothing to harm me?!" You interject. "You've hurt me in numerous ways! You gave me a horrible headache from that TV screen at Wendy's, you dragged me forcibly through my computer screen -cutting up my arms!- and slipped me a sleeping pill, causing me to fall asleep in an uncomfortable position all night! My back and neck hurt like hell! Not to mention all the messing with my head shit!" 

They stand in silence. That was probably the most you've ever spoken to them thus far. And the angriest.

"Three things." Dark growls, his eyes illuminating a dangerous crimson. "One. You will not  speak to us in such a way from now on. Two; Those things were necessary to get you here. Three;" He steps towards you, leering close to your face. You force yourself still. You will not  tremble under this man. "You are here now. You belong to us. Thus there will be no more shit if you cooperate."

You are silent.

"Understood?"

You inhale through your nose. In. Out.

"Understood."

After a quiet short breakfast of pancakes and eggs, you take a long shower, in of which you calculate your injuries. There's red scratches up the undersides of your arms from the jagged glass of your computer screen. This makes you angrier, and then you remember what Dark said, which further infuriates you.

Steam rolls off you, both from your fury, and from the hot shower. (XD). It was... ridiculous that you had to answer to these... these stupid, ignorant, controlling demons! You were a person, not a slave! Not a dog that was to be trained to obey! 

Well, you think, dressing in a plaid (colour choice), and blue jeans, and wrapping gauze around your arms to secure that nothing would get into the deep cuts. 

If they were going to keep you here, you were going to make their life a living hell