Chapter Twenty || Road Trip

You awoke to the song of mourning doves singing for your glorious departure from the dream land into reality, the sun shining brilliantly like an old friend greeting you from the vast ocean of blue that is the sky. You sit up, stretching your arms out wide, and sigh happily.

"What a gorgeous day! I wonder what awaits me in this beautiful morn?" Glitter lines the corners of the room in a dreamy haze as you prance about your room, getting ready to face the day with a bright happy smile and full of energy.

"Good Mornin' (Y/n)-!"

"GO THE FUCK AWAY YOU STUPID IRISH BYATCH!"

"A'ight then."

You bury your face in your pillow. But of course it wasn't that easy.

"(Y/n). Get up."

"Fphucck off Darfk."

"I'll say it one more time."

"Just to hear yourself speak?"

"Get up."

"Nooo..."

Obviously, an underappreciated answer.

You feel yourself begin to rise. In a plank position, straight up.

"What- the fuck?!" You gasp as the air is knocked out of your lungs. You float clear two feet from the ceiling. Invisible ropes bind your limbs, making you immobile.

Dark walks underneath you, looking up at you.

"I told you to get up. We're leaving."

"Leaving? Why? Where? What?"

"Out. Now."

"He means ten minutes!" Anti corrects, poking his head into your line of vision.

"No, I mean in five minutes. Hurry up, pack your things, and meet us in the living room." Dark leaves. You hear the door close.

...

"Dark? Um..." You call out with no response. You struggle in the bonds, but don't budge an inch. You blink.

"Dark? ...Help...?"

Dark appears beneath you instantly. A smug expression adorns his features.

"What was that, (Y/n)? Did you ask for... help?" He raises an eyebrow. You sigh (with slight difficulty- there was an uncomfortable pressure on your stomach).

"Well, though the carpet is a truly lovely spectacle –I could watch it all day- You specifically said five minutes, so I figured that just hanging around wasn't going to cut it." You offer a smirk of your own.

(Punz. Love da punz.)

He brings his hand to his mouth- you suspect trying to smother a laugh. Once he's composed a few seconds later, he straightens.

"Brace for impact."

"Wha-AAAAAA!"

With a casual flick of his wrist, you feel the binds dissipate to nothing, leaving you free to move. And fall. (XP)

"AA-KAphf!" Dark catches you easily in his arms, but, despite his obvious warning, you were not braced for impact. Pain stabs through your tongue and jaw, and a metallic-tasting substance begins to fill your mouth.

"Dar-" You immediately regret your decision to try to speak. You spit out a glob of blood onto the carpet, wincing when another wave of pain glides over your tongue.