Part 8

Zane's p.o.v
~~~~~~
I pulled up to the police station, the sun had already set so it was dark outside. As I was walking in I had this weird feeling that someone was watching me. I stepped into the lobby where it was filled with delinquents, drunks and people crying. I scanned the room and me eyes landed on a familiar face. Travis. He was sitting in a chair with his arm bandaged up. He saw me look at him and was as shocked as me. He was about to say something when a lady walked out from a back room and called his name. He gave me a sad look before following the lady into the backroom. I stared at the door hoping he would come out again. I didn't relize how much I wanted to just talk to him until I saw him.
"How can I help you?" The lady at the front desk snapped me out of my trance.
"Ugh... sorry... I'm here to pick up my brother." I said to her.
"What's his name?" She said looking down at her computer.
"Vylad Ro'Maeve," I said and she typed it into the computer.
"Vylad?"
"Yeah, v-y-l-a-d" I said. She nodded and typed some more into her computer.
"Okay I'm gonna need to see some sort of identification to make sure you are legal to pick him up." She told me looking up from her computer to me. I nodded and pulled out my wallet grabbing my drivers license and showing it to her.
"Okay, I'll bring him right out, take a seat." She said. I told her thank you and went to sit in one the chairs next to a little girl. The little girl was sitting all alone swinging her legs back and forth.
"Um... excuse me mister." She said to me after tugging on my or rather travis sweater. I looked down at her.
"Um... yeah?"
"Why are you here?" She asked.
"I came to pick up my little brother, he got into some trouble." I said to her.
"Is your daddy gonna be mad at him?"
"Um...well... I don't...um... we don't have a daddy."
"Why not?" She frowned. I sighed not really wanting to get into this.
"He just left one day and never came back." I said, I couldn't say anymore because a girl at her age would never understand.
"It's okay." She said placing her small hand on my arm. "I don't have a mommy, she's in heaven now." I gave her a small smile. "Sometimes it better if they're not with you." She said sadly. I looked down at my feet not knowing what to say. It was silent for a few minutes before she spoke. "Who was that guy?"
"What guy?" I asked her.
"The guy you were looking at when you came in? He was sitting over there," she pointed to where travis had been sitting.
"Oh, that's just my friend." I said to her.
"He's not your boyfriend?" She smiled at me.
"W-what?!" I said looking at her as she gave me a small giggle.
"He looks at you like he loves you very much," she smiled at me. "Like how my mommy used to look at my daddy," she looked away towards the door.
"I...uh..." I didn't know what to say to that. Does he really like me like that?
"Do you love him?" She asked still looking at the door.
"What do you mean?" I asked her.
"Do you love him, does he mean a lot to you?" This time she looked at me and asked.
"...um yeah... I guess." I thought about it, I really did like travis.
"Do you tell him that?" She asked.
"Well...no"
"You should, tell him you love him because you never know when you might lose him." She smiled at me. Just then a man walked out of the back room and called for the little girl.
"Goodbye mister!" She gave me a small side hug before bouncing up and walking to her father. As they were leaving the building she gave me one last wave, I gave her a small wave back.
"Who is that?" I looked up to see Vylad standing in front of me in his regular clothes and a backpack.
"Just some little girl I was talking to."I told him getting up and looking once more towards where travis had Been hoping to see him. "Let's go" I said walking out the door followed by vylad. I walked into the parking lot and the feeling of being watched loomed over me again. As I got near my car I saw a figure leaning against it with a cigarette in their hand. They were dressed in all black with multiple piercing on their face and ears. I could see some of the man's features but not all of them. He looked up at me and gave a what seemed like a smirk. He threw his cigarette onto the cement floor and squished it with his foot. He stood up from leaning on my car and started walking towards vylad and I who where slowly backing up. The man moved into the light and I was able to see his face.
"Hey baby," he smirked. I growled at him.
"Gene..."
~~~~~
Bum bum bummmmmm
Yeah so that happen....
Here's your update!
Lots of love Vital < 3