Chapter 3: An Attempt To Tip The Scale

*AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!! If my readers are liking this story, please give me any feedback or tips on how to make it better! I'd appreciate it! Thank you!*

Chapter 3: An Attempt To Tip The Scale

Always wear your invisble crown.

Stand up for yourself, 

believe me, 

it'll be worth it.

*****

            The following morning I woke up at about 6:30 to get ready and for Liam to get ready to have lunch with Luna Nat. It was a bit chilly outside so I put Liam into warmer clothing and a little baby hat and gloves just in case the temperature would drop later on. I put him into his stroller and started to make my way to the pack house. I didn’t even make it to the porch yet and Nat already swung the door open with a huge smile on her face which was directly aimed at Liam.

            “Goodmorning Nat.” I smiled softly at her.

            “Morning Nikki! And you too Liam!” she cooed. She pointed her finger to go inside the house. “Shall we?”

            “We shall!” I laughed a bit of her enthusiastic ways.

            We all made our way inside the pack house and into the kitchen where people were gathered around the table. I frowned in my mind, expecting that it would just be the three of us eating breakfast, not about 20 people.

            “Let me just get our plates and we will sit outside! Oh, but don’t worry it’s an inside patio.” Luna Nat turned her head around to tell me. I sighed in relief and followed her through the kitchen smiling at the pack members that were seated around the table.

            I nodded and said my hellos to the pack members when I walked into something hard. Scratch that, I walked into Eric; I could smell his scent right when I hit him. I refused to meet his eyes and just pretended that I didn’t know it was him and went on my way, but that was before he grabbed my upper arm a little too roughly.

            “Apologize. Now.” He gritted out at me. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he was glaring at me through his thick eyelashes. His hazel eyes connected with my lifeless dull brown ones and I got stuck in them.

"See what you like?" He turned from his angry tone into a cocky tone. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh yeah, I like the cubbords that are behind you. Those are a nice shade of your shit." I sneered back at him.

I don't think he liked that one bit. "Listen here, you slut, at least I'm not the one who is getting knocked up and having a child with someone else that isn't my mate!"

By now, everyone in the kitchen was dead silent. Everyone who was in the room, their eyes were on Eric and I. It was eerily quiet before the Luna came back into the room and everyone went back to what they were doing before any of this started.

            “Back off Er. She has done nothing to you. She just walked into you. No big deal. Back off or else I will tell your father to reconsider giving you the Alpha title.” She spat out to him. I guess that knowing her only son rejected his one and only mate, she wasn’t so fond of.

            Eric released my arm and grinded his teeth together. I smirked up at him when Nat turned around and his eyes were cutting me to pieces the way he glared at me. “We’re not done here.” He said through the mind link.