Chapter 11: The Tide That Left But Never Came Back

HELLO! HOW YA'LL DOING ON THIS FINE HALLOWEEN NIGHT?!

What did my beautiful/handsome readers dress up as? Leave a comment below on what you decided to be!

Anyway, here's the long awaited Chapter 11. Sorry about the really, really, really, long wait. I was just swamped in school and didn't have time to write, until today where I literally had nothing to do but go to class, which I love! 

Next update? I don't know when. I usually have two chapter's written out, like in the start of the story, but now as I move along the school year, it's becoming harder and harder to be able to write every day, nearing the end of the semester.

I don't know how I feel about this chapter, but I'll just go with it. And if I don't like it, I'll probably rewrite it before I post up Chapter 12. I don't know. Let me know what you think about this chaaaapy.

Happyyyy Halloweeeen! *insert emoticons regarding halloween here!*

Chapter 11: The Tide That Left But Never Came Back

I thought I've already

been through the hardest

day of my life.

Turns out, I was wrong.

It seems like this is just

a warmup.

*****

*****

            I stared at Jack in complete, utter shock. “Your mate…did this to you…?”

            Jack nodded his head, as he sipped on the water. “Yes.” He gulped.

            “But…how?” I asked, slightly confused. How could a mate do that to their mate? Yes, rejecting is one thing, but beating the living shoots out of their mate is another. And the hell? I thought that girl was a human!

            “She was masking her scent.” Jack said, with a hoarse voice. He started coughing, so I gave him more water. He went to open his mouth, but I stopped him.

            “No, no. Rest your voice. Write on this notepad.” I handed him my notebook that I was writing stories in to pass the time.

            He started writing and then he handed it back to me. I read it out loud, surprised that I could even read it, considering the horrible chicken scratch. I cut him some slack because even I, after two months, probably couldn’t write straight either.

            “She ran into me when I was chasing the guy who took Liam. Her eyes met mine and I saw them change from the blue eyes she had to dark, black ones. At first I noticed that she didn’t have brown eyes anymore, but black. I asked her what she was doing and she said, ‘I have to do it, sorry.’ And then out of nowhere, she hits me on the back of the head to get me to lose balance. I tried fighting back, but shit, she is a fighter. And then I don’t know what happened next because I was out cold.”

            “I can’t believe your mate did that to you.” I told Jack. He twisted his lips and grabbed the notebook and scribbled away.

            He handed it back and I read it aloud again. “I think she’s working with your stalker. First she masks her scent to hide her as a wolf, she wears contacts which was a factor when I first talked to her and then she attacks me, her mate out of all people.”