Chapter 8: The Quiet Things No One Ever Knows

*Author's Note: I hadn't had time at all yesterday to write up a chappy but this morning I did! I felt kinda sad that Stalked and Rejected went from Short Story #220 to #250 and Werewolf #446 to #467. So I figured that I make this chappy soooooooo intense that you probably will end up hitting yourselves in the face! Well, probably not, but I could wish! Because I surely did when I read it after I finished writing it.

I can't believe that this story has reached almost a 1,000 reads! When that happens, whatever chapter that I'm working on, I promise that I will make it extra, extra, extra, long. Like maybe even 10 pages on word long!

Okay, so enough rambling from me, here's Chapter 8!*

Chapter 8: The Quiet Things No One Ever Knows

We all have secrets.

*****

            I found you. I found you. I found you. I found you. I. found. You. That was all I kept repeating in my head. My wolf tried to talk to me, but it seemed like I couldn’t even talk back or answer her back even if I wanted to. Those three words hit me like a bullet. I literally fell to the ground and sat there emotionless.

            “Nicole?” I heard a voice say.

            “Nikki, look at me.” Another said.

            “Nikki!  Snap out of it!” My wolf said.

            Someone touched my forehead. “Nikki…listen to my voice.”

            But I can’t. All of what people have been saying to me is a blurb right now. He has found me. And probably Liam. He saw me at the assembly in the gymnasium. Who else knows where else he could probably have seen me? Could he have possibly been watching me the entire time? I didn’t recall seeing anyone twice that look suspicious when I was travelling.

            “It’s me… Jack. Nik, open your eyes please.” My eyes are closed?

            “Nicole, I command you to snap out of it.” I think that was Eric’s voice. Not even an Alpha command could snap me out of my stance. I’m gone. I’m far gone. “Damn it! It didn’t work!”

            “No shit, Holmes. You could obviously see that she’s out of it.”

            “I don’t even know what happened! What’s going on!?” Eric asked, but he growled it out.

            As I recalled the gym, I didn’t see the big man who had killed my father. And I don’t recall seeing Viktor take a snap of a picture of Jack and I. Maybe it was one of his accomplice’s that took that picture. Seeing that he drew a circle around Jack and I, scared me shitless to be honest. I don’t think I’ve ever been this scared since I arrived here. I felt safe. It was my haven.

            “Eric, what happened before she went like this?” I heard Nat’s voice.

            “Her heat intensified and I helped out with that.” He said a little bit embarrassed, I could hear from his voice. “And then this came crashing through the window, and the enveloped was addressed to her, she opened it, and then she fell to the ground. And that’s when I called for help.”

            I heard ruffling sounds and people getting up to walk across the room. “Something must’ve triggered something in her mind. Maybe this is the guy who has been stalking her.”

            “Stalking her?” Jack and Eric said at the same time. “Who’s stalking her?”

            “We don’t know. She doesn’t know. She’s been running from pack to pack trying to get away from this man.”