Chapter 16: Hanging By A Moment

*Author's Note: This may be a little dramatic at the end... I cried writing it and I know how I wan't the story to end. There is only one more chapter to go, before the Epilogue goes up. This was originally going to be one whole longa ass chapter, but I wanted to split this chapter into two, because I couldn't help but cut it off where it right now.

I know, I'm cruel. I find it easier to write crying, knowing what's going to happen. Brings out emotions out of me. Lol, is that bad? I know I have a tough exterior, it's hard to show what I'm feeling.

Let me know what your thoughts are at the end of this chapter, in the comment box below. I'd like to know what you think. ;) Finals are over and I'm so happy! It means that I'm so much closer to finishing this book. Ahhhh, so excited.

Are you guys still on finals week? If you are, good luck! I hope you do well! :) Okay, I'm going back to eating. I just had to write this chapter for you guys, since the idea was fresh in my head. I orignally had it end in two different ways, but thought this one would illict more feelings out of you guys.

LOVES YOU. *

Chapter 16: Hanging By A Moment

I hate that feeling you get

when you're trying your

hardest not to cry in 

front of someone, but

once they ask, 

"are you okay?"

you just lose it.

*****

“Come on, love, get up. I have more to show you.” I gripped my head in pain. It was throbbing more than usual. Those bastards probably punched me a couple of times while I was knocked out. Thomas’s voice was really irritating right now.  

I felt a liquid go down my lip and drip onto my chin. My hand shot up to my mouth to see what could be the problem. I pulled my hand back and just the sight of blood threw me into an angry stance. “Really? You had to give me a bloody lip?”

Thomas crouched down by me and smiled. “Nah, darling. When you passed out, you fell on your face. Which caused you to slam your face into the concrete and that resulted in that bloody lip of yours. Now, if I knew you were going to pass out, I would’ve caught you, but then I got distracted.”

Just by the mention of the passing out, it brought me back to that memory of Eric’s of him fucking Rebecca. Thinking back to when that hookup could possibly have happened, I raked my brain for it. I brought my hands to my face and massaged my temples, thinking.

“Thinking when he could have possibly cheated on you?” Thomas asked me, putting his hand under my chin and lifting it to meet his eyes.

I shook my head. “I don’t know. I don’t know what to think. Maybe you’re just putting those fake memories in my head to make me think that Eric is a jerk and putting me in your hands.”

“Think back to when you, Jack, and Liam went to the park.” Thomas sat down in front of me, with Viktor, Rick, and Cole in the foreground.

“There were many times where the three of us went to the park. How the fuck do you want me to narrow that down, you dim wit?” I barked back.

Thomas slapped me across the face. This is just what he wanted. He wanted to get me angry. I gritted my teeth together and snarled at him. I could feel my wolf surfacing, but kept her down and tried to stay calm. “You’re so feisty and I think I like it.”