Prologue

Dedicated to WishesOnStars for helping me out with the summary of this story roughly seven months ago. Thanks love :)

Prologue

He fell through the sky like lightning, accompanied by a blinding light that illuminated the entire night sky. The grace of his fall was only short-lived, eventually, even the light left him. Leaving him empty and feeling lost without it.

His once beautiful wings were ripped out of his skin by the force of his fall and white feathers mixed with blood swirled all around his crumbling and breaking form.

Trying to escape the searing pain he felt all over, he twisted his body around in the air, but it was to no avail - it was almost like he was repeatedly struck by sharp knives and burned with hot iron. And no matter what he did, they kept on stabbing him, tearing deep bloody gashes in his flesh, marking his once fair skin with scars and burn marks, tearing him apart bit by bit.

He screamed it out in agony and he did not care who could hear him.

His entire body was being ripped apart. A pained cry left his dry cracked lips and the cold wind made him shiver and his eyes water, blinding him as well, which made his fear rise.

Damned for an eternity, being punished for his sins and left to beg for the forgiveness he would never receive. Gone were those feathered wings a brilliant snowy white, eventually being replaced by wings as dark as the night.

Lucifer opened his mouth and screamed it all out, letting out all his build-up frustration and the helplessness he felt. The cold wind of the morning whipped past him, while hatred as clear as crystal ice ate deep into his very heart, consuming him whole.

He had never felt as alone as he did at that very moment. Bare for all to see, stripped from his wings and his pride, naked before all the hatred of the world.

A chilling wail wakes me up. Fucking hell! I'm drenched in sweat and my heart is pounding loudly in my chest. I sit upright in my bed, wrap the blankets around myself, and close my eyes, forcing myself to calm down.

It was just a dream. Get over it already, it happened nearly two-thousand years ago. I had chanted those two sentences to myself again and again, so that they had almost started to sound like a prayer. And just like all prayers, they eventually lost all their meaning and became nothing more than empty words.

A shudder went down my spine and I took a deep steadying breath, trying to rid my mind and nostrils of the smell of blood and burned wings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's the prologue of my first story. Let me know what you think of it, okay? If you like it, please don't forget to vote/comment and share with your friends :)

I try to update again next week.

- Luci