Chapter VII

Dedicated to @divine-wind for being a loyal reader of this book so far! Keep reading!

"WHERE THE PUDDING ARE YOU?!" - Anastasia Waters

Chapter VII

Eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I read the note again. My eyes scanning over the words written on the small piece of paper.

He asked me to be more careful and to stay away. Or to leave town. And about losing more than my scarf... did he mean my life? The feeling I had about something going on in this city grew and an uneasy feeling spread in the pit of my stomach.

"Something is definitely going on here," I whispered. And the Alpha clearly wants you to stay away, my subconsciousness added with a knowing look.

I rolled my shoulders. "I'm sorry, Alpha," I said to nothing in particular, "but you won't get rid of me that easily."

I will figure all this supernatural shit out.

My phone beeped from within my purse. I lightly groaned and took my phone out, staring at the screen to see what was up.

I sat up straight. There were six missed calls from both Ana and Alec alike, and even more WhatsApp notifications from them both. "How did I miss this all?" I muttered under my breath. Then I recalled the dragons, the Alpha and all the other weird shit happening to me in the past few days. I guess it makes more sense when all that's added to the picture...

Opening the WhatsApp app to look at all the messages, I put the note and scarf back into the box, pushing them away for now. "Let's see what they have to say."

I scrolled past the numerous messages on our group chat, most of them were basically the same. At first, they were about 'Mr. Mysterious', how I needed to tell them if I walked into him again and what it was like. They also had a conversation about cheese chips and tacos - about which is better. I shook my head lightly at my crazy friend, already feeling a bit lighter inside from today's events.

They also asked how my grandparents were doing and to drop by Alec's place sometime later. When I had not replied for basically the entire day they had gotten worried and demanding for attention. That's when the calls came in.

"Hey bitch!" Alec's voice called through the speakers of my phone when I pressed 'play' on the voicemail he left.

"Jerk," I whispered back under my breath, rolling my eyes.

"We are getting worried. So get your fat arse over here the moment you get our totally fabulous messages," Alec casually said over the speakers, I scoffed. "I don't care what time it is when you get this," he continued, "it could be in the middle of the night for all I care. You are coming over."

His voice took on a much more cheerful tone. "Bye!" I could almost see him waving at his phone like an idiot and chuckled at the mental image.

I listened to Ana's voicemail next. "WHERE THE PUDDING ARE YOU?!" She yelled down the line. I winched and jumped back slightly. "I just went by your home and you weren't there!" She said, still yelling but not as hard as the before.

Checking the time of when she left the voicemail, I saw that it was around the time I left the house with the intention to get some chicken nuggets. But instead encountered two dragons and the Alpha of New York. Just your everyday turn of events, I sarcastically told myself.