Chapter XX

Thank you for the 2K reads! Enjoy the 20th chapter :)

The letters Harlynn received from Metatron are written in Enochian. To give you guys an idea of what those symbols look like, I added an example above. That's how those symbols look like; in this story they are only blue and glowing.

Dedicated to @IceHeap

"It's not like we were best friends, but I did knew him. Respected and idolized him even. He was one of the first angels. Everyone wanted to be like him, but nobody could keep up with his radiance." - Ghost

Chapter XX

March 3, 1829

Christopher,

I've heard that you were the one taking care of that vampire nest in the northern parts. You should be more careful. You're not the only hunter around, but you are one of the few non-human ones. The insides of those vampires were completely burned out.

Please be careful with using your abilities. Don't attract too much attention to yourself.

Don't use your powers too much, I warned you about what can happen if you don't receive the right training about how to control them.

I highly recommend against underestimating the fire of Heaven, which burns through your veins as well. Angels don't just bring light, they rain down justice and glory upon this world in fire and blood. Those flames that you inherited from your father are just as fierce and destructive as angels themselves. Remember that and learn to control them.

Don't kill yourself or anybody else – human or monster or demon – until I get there.

Signed,

Daniel

Blinking my eyes and looking at what I just read, I stared at Ghost in bewilderment. "Christopher couldn't control his powers?" I asked the angel.

Ghost shook his head. At first, he could not, the angel replied, Nephilim are very powerful and it's impossible to tell just what kind of abilities they inherit from their angel parent. Christopher inherited the heavenly fire of angels. It's very hard to control.

"I can imagine," I replied, thinking back to when I first saw Ghost in his angel form. He was all fire and light, blazing up in all of Heaven's glory. I also recalled how his fiery flames could even burn under water, as I saw when he retrieved my soul from the oceans.

Turning back towards the notes, I continued reading.

August 23, 1829

Christopher,

They are tracking you down and they will find you. You shouldn't have flared up as you did last week, now there's a group of hunters after you who think they are hunting some kind of phoenix or fire demon.

Keep moving and hide your tracks. I will unleash Kishi to avert their attention from you. Don't waste any time and start running the moment you receive this letter.

Signed,

Daniel

"What's a Kishi?" I muttered under my breath, noticing how the name stood out.

Kishi is a Hellwolf, Ghost replied, they are like Hellhounds, but higher up in the demonic hierarchy. They are very rare. He added.

"Of course he also has a Hellwolf as a pet," I noted. First a dragon and now a wolf of Hell. What's next with this guy? An albino Chimera that can dance the tango and play the flute all at the same time? A deity in his basement?