Chapter XIV

I have entered this story in the Wattys 2017! Good luck to all those who enter :D

Dedicated to Ghost. Because I fricking can.

"I don't just give away my name to everyone. It tends to... freak people out."- Lucifer Morningstar

Chapter XIV

I stared at the picture in disbelief, still not exactly over the fact that my own ancestor knew the Trickster, and good enough at that to decide to take a picture with him.

I couldn't help but wonder if he knew I was Christopher's descendant... and Cassiel's as well.

I held the picture closer to my face, Ghost following my every movement, and took a close look at the fallen angel and Nephilim on the picture.

Christopher had a fair and delicate and young face, without any stubble. Light eyes and long, pale hair. He seemed rather tall, yet the Trickster still easily towered over him. Nephilim look human enough, my subconsciousness noted with a shrug.

His arm was swung around the shoulders of the Trickster and Christopher had a wide grin on his face, revealing slight dimples. Both wore cowboy hats and looked as if they stepped right out of a Wild West movie.

The Trickster on the other hand, did not smile, yet he still looked very different from how I often saw him. With a flash, I realized.

It were his eyes. And his exposure. There was no tenseness in his jaw and shoulders and he did not look as haunted as when I first encountered him. He looked much calmer and happier.

Carefully putting the picture down, I picked up the letters once more. I scanned over the words, not understanding a thing. It seemed to be some kind of ancient language.

Holding up the letters to Ghost, I asked, "Do you happen to be able to read this?"

It is not a language I am familiar with, he told me, I am not too great with those things. We will need an expert to decipher it.

I looked at the letters once more. "Of course, I should have known." I murmured.

"Who is capable of understanding this gibberish?" I groaned. "Please tell me you know someone," I added, looking hopefully at Ghost.

The angel seemed to be in thought and I waited patiently. I think I know someone who might be able to help, he said after a while, nodding to himself. I'm sure that he will do it if I'm the one asking him.

"Who?"

Metatron, Ghost replied, he's the angel of knowledge. If someone can decipher it, it will be him.

"The archangel?" I asked, remembering reading the name from Christopher's notes. Ghost nodded. My inner Supernatural fangirl was about to surface, but I forced her away, knowing very well I needed to keep a clear head. Not now, I told her.

I put the letters in front of Ghost. "You are the angel from the two of us, so I leave Metatron to you," I told him, rubbing my head slightly.

Ghost took the letters between his jaw. Another headache? He asked me, seemingly slightly worried.

"I'm fine," I immediately said. "Everything has just been a lot to take in."

Picking up Christopher's journal and dairy, I slowly rose and went towards my room. I could feel Ghost following after me, never leaving me out of his eyes and the letters still tightly clenched between his jaw.

Having reached my room, I put both books under my pillow so I could read them later. You're not going to read them? Ghost asked.

"Not now," I replied. I spun around and faced my guardian angel. "Right now, I need ice cream," I stated.