Chapter VI

Dedicated to @food_over_feelings because she left pretty much over a hundred comments on this chapter. Loyalty and dedication gets rewarded :) So I believe that she deserved this dedication.

"I'm going home and I will just heat up something.  No dragons."- Harlynn Pierce

Chapter VI

I looked at the sketch I had just drawn, staring at it absently. My hand aching only slightly from the constant pressure I put on the paper.

While my hand had moved across the surface of the paper, my mind ran wild with everything I had heard today and countless possibilities

While my hand had moved across the surface of the paper, my mind ran wild with everything I had heard today and countless possibilities. I remembered that when I first encountered him, I was shocked with the amount of hatred burning deep within his very soul. Something has been consuming him from the inside and he seemed so... lost and lonely. As if he forgot who he was a very long time ago.

Maybe he actually is centuries old, my subconsciousness added with a knowing smirk. That's one problem solved, she added.

I recalled how those very emotions ran too deep to come from such a young man, how it seemed to be the hatred of countless centuries. Centuries full of loneliness I couldn't even begin to imagine. Maybe if one lived so long, it couldn't be avoided. But somewhere deep down, I wanted to help this creature who clearly went through too much already.

"A century old being, possibly even immortal," I muttered under my breath. Among some of the things I had heard today, that seemed the most ordinary. I laughed a bit about the craziness of this all to myself. There was no way I could even discuss this with Ana and Alec. They probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

At least, not without solid proof, my subconsciousness offered. I immediately dismissed the idea. I knew one thing for sure, I wasn't dragging my friends into this mess.

There was one thing which did not made fully sense to me though... why did we keep running into each other? First on the streets, and then at the café.

Even my subconsciousness kept quiet about that.

"Let's just hope that this lunar eclipse will reveal more about this Mr. Mysterious," I muttered under my breath, staring down at the drawing I had made of him not too long ago. I pointed my finger at his face, "I will figure you out, you hear me? That's a promise," I told the drawing firmly.

I closed my sketchbook and stood up, stretching my arms above my head. I glanced at the clock which was hung on the ceiling, to see it was already past six.

I blinked my eyes in slight confusion. Did that much time pass already? In thought to myself perplexed. Time for food then.

Leaving my room and the journal behind me, I almost glided down the stairs to reach the kitchen. Ghost could be heard meowing loudly from the kitchen, which I knew he only did when he grew impatient with his food.