Chapter XVIII

Dedicated to @Kaz67BadWolf

"Uhm... Surprise?" - Harlynn Pierce

Chapter XVIII

"Alec is getting take-out," Ana said when she opened the door leading to Alec's apartment, my hand still in the air ready to knock. "He'll be back soon."

"What's he getting?" I asked as I walked past the red-head.

"Chinese!" Ana replied with a wide grin. When she saw my look, she added. "Don't worry. He's getting your soup and fried bananas."

"He better," I grumbled and we both laughed.

I saw Ana's eyes drift down towards the sports bag. "What's in there?"

"A magical sword," I replied with a blank expression. Ana laughed and walked further into the home, shaking her head. I grinned to myself as I followed her. I knew my friends and I knew that if I acted skeptical, they would try to steal my bag to see for themselves. If I said something 'ridiculous' they often left it alone.

I placed both my bags next to the couch and looked towards the kitchen, where I saw Ana rummage around in Alec's cupboards. She pulled out a few plates and some cutlery. "Get some drinks, will you?" She called at me.

"Sure," I replied, walking towards the fridge in Alec's small kitchen and pulling it open, taking out a bottle of coke and some pineapple juice. I helped Ana to put everything on the table in front of the TV and when that was done the only thing we had to do was wait for Alec to arrive.
.

"I'm back!" Alec yelled as he walked into his own home, his arms full of plastic bags.

"Do you have the food?" Ana asked, her eyes glued to the TV in front of us. Ana had connected Alec's laptop to the TV and we were currently watching Game of Thrones.

"Of course I do," Alec scoffed. "I never forget food!"

"Once you forgot the get the pie," I reminded him. I could hear him wince and I smirked slightly. "And we cannot forget that one time where you forgot to buy bread and had no lunch for a day."

"Okay, okay, I get it," he muttered. Me and Ana high-fived. "Let's just eat and watch," he glanced towards the TV, "Game of Thrones."

Alec sat down between us and put the bags in front of us. He started unpacking our food and we divided it among us, bickering as we did so.

"Those fried bananas are mine!" I complained, ripping them out of Alec's hold. I glared at him. "You don't even like them, so give them to me. Those are mine." He held up his hands in surrender and backed away from my bananas.

After five minutes, the food was equally divided – somewhat – and we started eating as we watched TV. Occasionally we made some comments on what happened or we bickered about something, but most of the time we were quiet as we watched.

After we finished our food and sometime after we watched Daenerys being badass, Ana excused herself to the bathroom. "Do you want me to pause it?" I offered.

"Nah," she declined, "I've seen this show so often. It's alright. Just keep watching, I'll be back soon."

"Suit yourself," Alec replied, his eyes glued to the screen.

"Stop obsessing over her," I laughed at him, believing his crush on the dragon mother to be hilarious.

Alec shrugged his shoulders. "I'm still a guy," he said, "and a guy can dream."

Our conversation was disturbed when we heard a blood-curling scream coming from the bathroom. Me and Alec shot up, both our eyes wide. Ana, I thought in horror, recognizing the scream.