Chapter XII

Dedicated to RewritingReality because 'Devil's Heart' now officially joined their 'contest/competition'! It's pretty much a writing contest - not fan voted, so even small accounts can have a change at winning. If you think you deserve more recognition, you should join as well :}

"I put a lock on the fridge and cupboards alike so she can't reach my food, and this is the key." - Alexandru Woods

Chapter XII

"You only have to take those if you happen to get a headache," the nurse told me, handing me a small jar with some pills in it.

"Okay," I simply replied, taking them.

"Your family will be here soon to pick you up?" She asked me with a kind smile.

I could feel Ghost shift underneath the blanket, getting more comfortable on the hospital bed. I had no idea what to think about Ghost being an angel – an actual angel. I was shocked mostly, but somewhere deep down I always must have known. I had tried getting more out of him, but Ghost refused to speak. If he could speak in his cat-form. Just your every morning, I sarcastically thought.

"A friend will pick me up." I told the nurse, realizing I had yet to answer her question and she was still waiting for an answer. "They should be here soon."

"Very well, dear," the nurse said, "just go to the waiting room to wait for your friend." She glanced down at Ghost who's head had poked out from underneath the blanket, the angel-cat staring up at the nurse with his intelligent mismatched eyes. "And next time, don't bring your cat with you. Pets aren't allowed in the hospital."

I gave her a sheepish smile. "Will do, I'm sorry."

The nurse helped me out of the hospital bed and I put on my normal clothes before I hurried away, Ghost padding after me, i went towards the waiting room and sat down.

Taking my phone out of my pocket I texted Alec. I'm in the waiting room, hurry up jerk.

A sigh left my lips and I put my phone away. I hugged the backpack close against my chest. When Ghost had bought me to the hospital in his humanoid form, he was kind enough to bring my backpack with him. And luckily for me, everything was still in it and the books weren't damaged. The nurse had convinced me that they haven't even opened it.

"You know, Ghost," I whispered. Ghost looked up at me. "Thank you for back then," I said, glancing down at him. "I just realized I haven't even thanked you yet for saving my sorry arse back there."

The cat bowed his grand head in reply, purring softly. I went and rubbed him behind his ear. "You were very awesome back then," I said, grinning to myself, "who can say that their cat is a badass angel?"

I had yet to figure out just which angel Ghost was, but I felt certain he would reveal that to me when the time was right. I trusted him.

"BITCH!!" A familiar voice yelled loudly. Many looked at the source of the sound; most looking either disturbed or offended.

I looked up and my gaze landed on Alec who was sprinting towards me like he had all of Hell chasing after him. Alec skidded to a stop before me, leaning forward with his hands on his knees, panting loudly and slightly shaking. "Why the sprint?" I asked in amusement, a slight grin on my face.

His dark eyes fell on me, giving me a grazed look. "I wanted to see with my own eyes if you were still alive, is that such a crime?" The scrawny guy asked, placing his hand over his heart in mock-hurt. Alec pouted and spread his arms. "Hug?"